METACHAT: The Unburning (D&D5e)

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

We are starting a new day, and for the benefit of the less-active players, here is a list of the past things each of you was doing, in case you want to go back and retroactively finish anything up.

Arcadia -- <a href="http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtop ... 60">Cassia had just explained that she thinks Cassius went to the Caravan Depot, maybe with smugglers</a>
Kailyn -- <a href="http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtop ... rt=748">At home in silky robe</a>
Evangeline -- <a href="http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtop ... t=739">was being chatted up by a handsome nobleman</a>
Caldon -- <a href="http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtop ... t=720">Was enjoying bathtime and a meal</a>
Petrol -- <a href="http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtop ... t=709">Was still near the site of the fire, but had time to have wandered anywhere.</a>
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

I'm not quitting or leaving or anything, but Cece is lazy. Unless something crazy goes down, she's probably going to sleep till after-noon.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Is she having any dreams?
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Definitely, and we'll be exploring them as the day wears on, culminating in the actual learning of Feather Fall. Sorceerous spell learning is fun to write!
Last edited by Gizmog on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

So I just double checked my timeline

The original group quest starting early in the morning of 18-midwinter.

The party spent the morning fighting the "Test" fire in the smokefield.
The party spend the afternoon fighting the real Apartment fire on 127 Cabbage Lane (I don't think I ever used the address in-game)

Newbie's solo quest for Normin started at <s>late afternoon in 18-midwinter, and it is currenty twilight.</s> (EDIT: I was mistaken)

TheGiz's solo quest for Cece started at early morning on 19-midwinter.

I think I have all that correct. I kept thinking that night had already happened at least once, but checking back through the thread, I can't find it. Looks the the entire first thread happened in less than one whole day :P
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Wed May 23, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

I thought night did happen? I have a vague memory that Kailyn went to bed, then the next day went out to do whatever thing it was that he did. Of course, I could be misremembering.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

That is right! night did happen for Kailyn!

Maybe night happened for Normin too and I forgot, but if so I am retconning that he is still awake on the evening of 18-midwinter.

BMR, do you want me to start a solo thread for Kailyn?
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Hmm, well, you're already running three solo campaigns, so might be a bit much to have to manage.

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Yeah, perhaps. I did really like Kailyn's outlook on life
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Hehe, me too, he was a really fun character to play. Who knows, perhaps in a future campaign I'll recycle him :P

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

You could switch and run a Kailyn campaign rather than a Cece one. I think his arc is going to be way more interesting.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I really don't mind adding an additional thread.

Single-player campaigns are not at all stressful, because they can just wait whenever I get busy, and I never have to worry about people getting too far ahead of one another
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Oops!

I was wrong, Normin did sleep. I found the post here: https://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewto ... &start=787

There are two possibilities:

1) We could say Normin spent the morning and afternoon of 19-midwinter resting and did not go out until evening
2) We could say his current actions in the solo-thread are happening on the morning of midwinter, and I can edit the handful of places where I said it was evening.

Either way works for me, and will not make a difference for anything Normin has done so far in that thread, but it could make a big difference in the near future, depending on whether or not night is falling
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Bob the Hamster wrote:...it could make a big difference in the near future, depending on whether or not night is falling
Oh my GOD, Normin's a Big Hat Werewolf!
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

was the substance that fell on Normin at the building on fire gel-like? It's been awhile and I'm trying to remember what it was like
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb