Function to set framrate in-game?

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

Taco Bot
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

Function to set framrate in-game?

Post by Taco Bot »

I started building my lil RPG before the fps-changey-thing was added, so a lot of stuff is hardcoded and would take a bit of effort to fix if I were to change the game to 30 fps or whatever. That's cool though, it's an RPG, doesn't need a lot of speed.

However, I'm making a timing-based minigame, and it would be nice to make it a little smoother. Is there any way to temporarily increase the framerate with plotscripting?
Sent from my iPhone
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Currently, no. Several people have requested it, so I intended to add a script command for it. Don't know when I (or James) would get around to it. It would not change animation rates, etc, to compensate, meaning it would be useful for slow motion, fast forwarding, or minigames.
Taco Bot

Post by Taco Bot »

Well, does it seem like an easy thing to add? Cuz it'd be real neat to have. Maybe Callipygous+1?
Sent from my iPhone
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Callipygous+1 will just be for bug-fixes

But a plotscript command to set framerate would be quite reasonable to expect in the dwimmercrafty release
Taco Bot

Post by Taco Bot »

Oh gosh silly me, I should have realised that. I will wait patiently for it to be in a nightly built.
Sent from my iPhone