Fixing Item Name??

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

TabletopTimeTurner
Red Slime

Fixing Item Name??

Post by TabletopTimeTurner »

I was entering the name for an item and i made a typo, i was tried just using backspace and all that and it didn't do anything and so i just want to figure out how to retype the name.. sorry if this is a dumb question
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

In the item editor when you select an item, you should be able to type in the "Name:" selection like normal. What is the unexpected behavior of your input? Does it simply do nothing or is it doing something else instead?

Also, if you happen to be using a Mac, that would be useful information to help you out. I was having an issue with typing in OHR on mine a while ago.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

There is a bug on Mac in the Callipygous release where the backspace key doesn't work. We will be releasing a Callipygous+1 bugfix version soon to fix that and other problems. In the meantime one solution is to use a nightly build of the next release (wip), which has those bugfixes. However there is at least one significant new bug: problems with palettes not updating in the sprite editor. Also, if you edit your game with a nightly build, you will not be able to go back to callipygous or callipygous+1!

Another workaround is to copy a blank text field (e.g. the name of an unused item) and paste it over the name of the item you want to erase.
Last edited by TMC on Sat May 14, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.