full screen / windowed disable on Android

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

full screen / windowed disable on Android

Post by Willy Elektrix »

I am using the full screen/windowed menu options on my game. Is there a way I can disable those on the Android version of my game without just making a separate .RPG file for the Android version?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Re: full screen / windowed disable on Android

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Willy Elektrix wrote:I am using the full screen/windowed menu options on my game. Is there a way I can disable those on the Android version of my game without just making a separate .RPG file for the Android version?
<s>Oh, those should have been disabled on Android. We can fix that-- but fortunately there is a way you can script the same result.

Name a tag something like "fullscreen allowed"

Make the menu item only appear when that tag is ON

In your new-game script and your on-load-game script, do something like this:

Code: Select all

set tag&#40;tag&#58;fullscreen allowed, running on desktop&#41;
</s>

EDIT: Wait! Forget all that! Windowed/Fullscreen menu items are already magically disabled when running on Android.

It will just work correctly already :)

Do remember to turn on the "hide menu item if disabled" bitset for Windowed and Fullscreen so that they will be completely invisible rather than just greyed-out on Android.
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Wed May 04, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Re: full screen / windowed disable on Android

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Bob the Hamster wrote:EDIT: Wait! Forget all that! Windowed/Fullscreen menu items are already magically disabled when running on Android.

It will just work correctly already :)

Do remember to turn on the "hide menu item if disabled" bitset for Windowed and Fullscreen so that they will be completely invisible rather than just greyed-out on Android.
I secretly hoped this was the case, but it seemed to be good to be true! Thanks!

I already have the "hide disabled menu item" bitset enabled.