plotscr.hsd not found

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

marionline
Metal Slime

plotscr.hsd not found

Post by marionline »

Hello! :)

I guess, the problem is know. I found this page, after I wrote the text for the post:
(http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce ... &redlink=1)

Anyhow, maybe this can be helpful.
I failed to import/compile a plotscript in the editor under linux.
On one machine (running Mint) the editor reports something like: "Compiling failed. No scripts were installed."
While on Xubuntu it says that plotscr.hsd was not found. (I don't know where I should be looking for it.) and then it shows the message above.
I tried importing plotscript with the belzebufo version (the old release, if i remember correctly, the belzebufo version said the plotscr.hsd was too old/not up to date) and under the new release as well. In these cases the plotscript is the same, but the message from the compiler are different dependimg on the OS.
I'd like to provide more information, but don't know where to find logs (or something similar).

I'll try using an emulator and the .exe version next. Maybe that compiles the script.

Anyhow, thanks an advance for some hints and help. :D

P.S. Showing up for a long time and all I do is complain about things not working... (^_^)°
Attachments
plotscript_bug.png
plotscript_bug.png (10.44 KiB) Viewed 765 times
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Did you install with the .deb packages, with the .tar.bz2, or did you compile from source.

If you used the tar.bz2 or from source, you should find plotscr.hsd in the same place as hspeak

I'll have to look up where the .deb puts it next time I am on my computer (on my phone right now)
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

The .deb package should put plotscr.hsd in /usr/share/games/ohrrpgce/.

However it looks like hspeak doesn't actually know that we wanted it check this location. Hmm! I never noticed, because I never tried installing the .deb file on a machine.

To work around the problem, you can just copy plotscr.hsd and scancode.hsi from /usr/share/games/ohrrpgce/ and put them next to your .rpg file. Or you can download the binary tarball instead.

There's a similar bug where external utilities seem to be broken in OSX (all versions), so probably we should release Callipygous+1.
marionline
Metal Slime

Post by marionline »

Hello,
Thanks for your fast replies and help. :)

I used the deb-files.
I tried the work around, still it does show the same error on Mint.
The binary tarball also gives error (on Mint).
Maybe there's something wrong with the Mint OS? :???:

But for Xubuntu the workaround works, and so does the binary tarball. :D
So, I'll complie scripts on Xubuntu, it seems.

Thanks a lot again! :)
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Just installed the .DEB package of Callipygous on Mint Cinnamon 17.3 64-bit and I'm also getting "Compiling failed. No scripts were imported." in a red box immediately after picking any .HS, .HSS or .TXT file.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Wait a minute, that's two completely different errors. Foxley, you don't even see the hspeak window pop up? Could you please post your c_debug.txt file after trying to compile? The .deb package is 32 bit, so it's theoretically possible that hspeak fails to run on a 64 bit Mint, although if Custom runs then hspeak should too.

marionline: so you copied plotscr.hsd next to your .rpg file... but I should have said put it next to your .hss file. Are the .rpg file and .hss file in the same folder? From your screenshot, it looks like they are. I can't explain why it still wouldn't find it, maybe there is a third bug in the way hspeak is spawned.