Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy - Now available

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Last night I beat Dr Cube.

I enjoyed the ending very much. It was very satisfying.

My playtime was approximately 18 hours.

I found the secret boss but came nowhere near being able to beat him

The only other side-quest I couldn't complete was the cat collection quest. I know exactly where the last cat is, but I have no idea where the last catnip is.

I liked the snake person who gives you hints about side-quests It was helpful and appreciated.

The process of getting French Toast to join the team was a lot of fun, although I never actually used him very much once I had him.

My favorite hero by far was Robox, both because collecting his abilities was so much fun, and because he had the widest variety of abilities, and because his special hacking sequences had such great atmosphere. I don't know if I saw them all or not.

The whole game is very satisfying, and you should be very proud.

I found no serious bugs, but I'll go ahead and mention the 3 tiny nit-picky bugs that I did notice.

* In the Moon Base near the "BAY" door are a couple of incorrectly layered barrel tiles that overlay the heroes
* In the custom "Order" menu, you should use "keyval() > 1" instead of "key is pressed()" for checking enter/space to select a slot. The difference is probably not noticeable on a keyboard, but in the Android version is makes it hard to use the screen, since it is so easy to select+deselect in the same keypress (the workaround is to tap the use button very lightly and quickly)
* Somewhere along the way I picked up a nameless item. I have "________x01" It doesn't hurt anything, so it is almost more of a curiosity/easter-egg than a bug. I can't use it, and it doesn't seem to be equippable.

Thank you again. I loved the game!
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Thanks for finishing the game!!
Bob the Hamster wrote:The only other side-quest I couldn't complete was the cat collection quest. I know exactly where the last cat is, but I have no idea where the last catnip is.
Did you buy the one from the cat vendor in New Abyss City?
Bob the Hamster wrote: I found no serious bugs, but I'll go ahead and mention the 3 tiny nit-picky bugs that I did notice.

* In the Moon Base near the "BAY" door are a couple of incorrectly layered barrel tiles that overlay the heroes
* In the custom "Order" menu, you should use "keyval() > 1" instead of "key is pressed()" for checking enter/space to select a slot. The difference is probably not noticeable on a keyboard, but in the Android version is makes it hard to use the screen, since it is so easy to select+deselect in the same keypress (the workaround is to tap the use button very lightly and quickly)
* Somewhere along the way I picked up a nameless item. I have "________x01" It doesn't hurt anything, so it is almost more of a curiosity/easter-egg than a bug. I can't use it, and it doesn't seem to be equippable.

Thank you again. I loved the game!
Good advice on the script, I'll change that for Walthros. If I release an update for Kaiju I'll change these couple things.

As for the nameless item: I've never seen that happen! Do you know when in the game it appeared?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

The Wobbler wrote:Thanks for finishing the game!!
Yes, I got that one, but I used it to get the cat in the Abyss. I think that was the fat one, that the goobles had been feeding

The cat I am missing is the one lazing around by the bench near the pond in Boston. I don't remember finding any catnip anywhere in Boston

As for the mystery item, I first noticed it when I was completing the "lost lunch" subquest in Boston. I think I didn't do that until after re-unlocking Boston from the Abyss City so that is super late game and doesn't narrow things down much.

I spotted it right after autosorting my inventory for the first time. It sorted down to the bottom with color palettes and scan data.

I guess I could examine the rsav file and figure out what item ID it has, if you wish.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

BTW, in nightlies (since October) you can now write "keypress()" instead of "keyval() > 1". Or use "new keypress" if you don't want key-repeat at all.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

TMC wrote:BTW, in nightlies (since October) you can now write "keypress()" instead of "keyval() > 1". Or use "new keypress" if you don't want key-repeat at all.
Right! I keep forgetting that one, and need to make a habit of using the new way
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Bob the Hamster wrote:
The Wobbler wrote:Thanks for finishing the game!!
Yes, I got that one, but I used it to get the cat in the Abyss. I think that was the fat one, that the goobles had been feeding

The cat I am missing is the one lazing around by the bench near the pond in Boston. I don't remember finding any catnip anywhere in Boston
Should be in a locked room in the entrance to the Robo Lab, there's a Robox computer to hack nearby
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Yep that was it! Thank you!

I had unlocked that door, but forgot to actually go through it and grab the treasure chests!
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Bob the Hamster wrote:Yep that was it! Thank you!

I had unlocked that door, but forgot to actually go through it and grab the treasure chests!
Nice, enjoy your Royal Reward!!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

For anyone who didn't see me post about it elsewhere here's a video interview of me/Soda Pig/Glock/8bit recorded about a year ago that's finally available publicly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-eX-qcReog
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Great documentary.

Now I'm curious about these deep cuts.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
FyreWulff
Slime Knight

Post by FyreWulff »

TIL I've been mispronouncing Walthros for a solid decade or more

I was saying it Wall-throw-s
Last edited by FyreWulff on Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Thanks for watching it!
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Really liked the video. Hoping that it gets more recognition and a wider player base someday, it's a really well crafted game and I'm pretty miffed it didn't seem to get the exposure it deserves.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

https://super-walrus-games.itch.io/kaij ... to-fantasy

If anyone wants to play the full game and doesn't want to pay for it I'm giving away 10 copies on itch.io!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

The one year anniversary of Fighto Fantasy is only a week away! A big sale's launching on Halloween for anyone who hasn't played it yet. Meanwhile, here's a giant article I wrote about how the game's development changed over the years. Enjoy!

https://kaijubigbattelgame.blogspot.com ... tting.html