Post new topic    
Page «  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostSun Aug 11, 2019 2:48 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Last night I beat Dr Cube.

I enjoyed the ending very much. It was very satisfying.

My playtime was approximately 18 hours.

I found the secret boss but came nowhere near being able to beat him

The only other side-quest I couldn't complete was the cat collection quest. I know exactly where the last cat is, but I have no idea where the last catnip is.

I liked the snake person who gives you hints about side-quests It was helpful and appreciated.

The process of getting French Toast to join the team was a lot of fun, although I never actually used him very much once I had him.

My favorite hero by far was Robox, both because collecting his abilities was so much fun, and because he had the widest variety of abilities, and because his special hacking sequences had such great atmosphere. I don't know if I saw them all or not.

The whole game is very satisfying, and you should be very proud.

I found no serious bugs, but I'll go ahead and mention the 3 tiny nit-picky bugs that I did notice.

* In the Moon Base near the "BAY" door are a couple of incorrectly layered barrel tiles that overlay the heroes
* In the custom "Order" menu, you should use "keyval() > 1" instead of "key is pressed()" for checking enter/space to select a slot. The difference is probably not noticeable on a keyboard, but in the Android version is makes it hard to use the screen, since it is so easy to select+deselect in the same keypress (the workaround is to tap the use button very lightly and quickly)
* Somewhere along the way I picked up a nameless item. I have "________x01" It doesn't hurt anything, so it is almost more of a curiosity/easter-egg than a bug. I can't use it, and it doesn't seem to be equippable.

Thank you again. I loved the game!
A Scrambled Egg
Send private message
 
 PostSun Aug 11, 2019 11:22 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Thanks for finishing the game!!

Bob the Hamster wrote:
The only other side-quest I couldn't complete was the cat collection quest. I know exactly where the last cat is, but I have no idea where the last catnip is.

Did you buy the one from the cat vendor in New Abyss City?
Bob the Hamster wrote:

I found no serious bugs, but I'll go ahead and mention the 3 tiny nit-picky bugs that I did notice.

* In the Moon Base near the "BAY" door are a couple of incorrectly layered barrel tiles that overlay the heroes
* In the custom "Order" menu, you should use "keyval() > 1" instead of "key is pressed()" for checking enter/space to select a slot. The difference is probably not noticeable on a keyboard, but in the Android version is makes it hard to use the screen, since it is so easy to select+deselect in the same keypress (the workaround is to tap the use button very lightly and quickly)
* Somewhere along the way I picked up a nameless item. I have "________x01" It doesn't hurt anything, so it is almost more of a curiosity/easter-egg than a bug. I can't use it, and it doesn't seem to be equippable.

Thank you again. I loved the game!


Good advice on the script, I'll change that for Walthros. If I release an update for Kaiju I'll change these couple things.

As for the nameless item: I've never seen that happen! Do you know when in the game it appeared?
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostMon Aug 12, 2019 12:40 am
Send private message Reply with quote
The Wobbler wrote:
Thanks for finishing the game!!
Did you buy the one from the cat vendor in New Abyss City?


Yes, I got that one, but I used it to get the cat in the Abyss. I think that was the fat one, that the goobles had been feeding

The cat I am missing is the one lazing around by the bench near the pond in Boston. I don't remember finding any catnip anywhere in Boston

As for the mystery item, I first noticed it when I was completing the "lost lunch" subquest in Boston. I think I didn't do that until after re-unlocking Boston from the Abyss City so that is super late game and doesn't narrow things down much.

I spotted it right after autosorting my inventory for the first time. It sorted down to the bottom with color palettes and scan data.

I guess I could examine the rsav file and figure out what item ID it has, if you wish.
Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostMon Aug 12, 2019 3:04 am
Send private message Reply with quote
BTW, in nightlies (since October) you can now write "keypress()" instead of "keyval() > 1". Or use "new keypress" if you don't want key-repeat at all.
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostMon Aug 12, 2019 9:45 am
Send private message Reply with quote
TMC wrote:
BTW, in nightlies (since October) you can now write "keypress()" instead of "keyval() > 1". Or use "new keypress" if you don't want key-repeat at all.


Right! I keep forgetting that one, and need to make a habit of using the new way
A Scrambled Egg
Send private message
 
 PostMon Aug 12, 2019 11:56 am
Send private message Reply with quote
Bob the Hamster wrote:
The Wobbler wrote:
Thanks for finishing the game!!
Did you buy the one from the cat vendor in New Abyss City?


Yes, I got that one, but I used it to get the cat in the Abyss. I think that was the fat one, that the goobles had been feeding

The cat I am missing is the one lazing around by the bench near the pond in Boston. I don't remember finding any catnip anywhere in Boston

Should be in a locked room in the entrance to the Robo Lab, there's a Robox computer to hack nearby
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostMon Aug 12, 2019 5:31 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Yep that was it! Thank you!

I had unlocked that door, but forgot to actually go through it and grab the treasure chests!
A Scrambled Egg
Send private message
 
 PostTue Aug 13, 2019 1:25 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Bob the Hamster wrote:
Yep that was it! Thank you!

I had unlocked that door, but forgot to actually go through it and grab the treasure chests!

Nice, enjoy your Royal Reward!!
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
A Scrambled Egg
Send private message
 
 PostMon Sep 23, 2019 3:57 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
For anyone who didn't see me post about it elsewhere here's a video interview of me/Soda Pig/Glock/8bit recorded about a year ago that's finally available publicly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-eX-qcReog
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Liquid Metal Slime
Send private message
 
 PostThu Sep 26, 2019 8:34 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Great documentary.

Now I'm curious about these deep cuts.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Red Slime
Send private message
 
 PostSun Sep 29, 2019 6:07 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
TIL I've been mispronouncing Walthros for a solid decade or more

I was saying it Wall-throw-s
A Scrambled Egg
Send private message
 
 PostSun Sep 29, 2019 7:27 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Thanks for watching it!
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Metal Slime
Send private message
 
 PostSun Sep 29, 2019 8:40 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Really liked the video. Hoping that it gets more recognition and a wider player base someday, it's a really well crafted game and I'm pretty miffed it didn't seem to get the exposure it deserves.
A Scrambled Egg
Send private message
 
 PostTue Oct 08, 2019 5:36 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
https://super-walrus-games.itch.io/kaiju-big-battel-fighto-fantasy

If anyone wants to play the full game and doesn't want to pay for it I'm giving away 10 copies on itch.io!
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
A Scrambled Egg
Send private message
 
 PostWed Oct 23, 2019 2:13 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
The one year anniversary of Fighto Fantasy is only a week away! A big sale's launching on Halloween for anyone who hasn't played it yet. Meanwhile, here's a giant article I wrote about how the game's development changed over the years. Enjoy!

https://kaijubigbattelgame.blogspot.com/2019/10/kaiju-big-battel-fighto-fantasy-cutting.html
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Display posts from previous:
Page «  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24