Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy - Now available

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Huh, I remember Silver Potato and Dr. Cube quite clearly but have no recollection of American Beetle. Clearly this means I didn't watch enough matches!
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Post by Soda_piggy »

Hey guys, just dropping in from busy life to share the new character style with you. Also, to let you know we are up on Twitter and Tumblr!

Twitter - https://twitter.com/KaijuBBGame
Tumblr - http://kaijubigbattelthegame.tumblr.com/

Be sure to follow there to get the latest updates. We will be having contests and prizes, as well as giving people the chance to make a difference in the game itself! Enjoy!
Attachments
Kaiju-Walk.gif
Kaiju-Walk.gif (34.72 KiB) Viewed 7508 times
<a href="https://www.sodapiggymusic.com">Soda Piggy Website</a>
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I like the new style! Silver Potato especially looks good enough to eat :)
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

The first zone of the game is complete, in addition to a tutorial area and a bunch of cutscenes. I've spent a little while balancing everything and it feels pretty good. Currently, it's about an hour and a half long. Final game should be around 10 hours, probably.

CONTENT DUMP:

New playable guys:

Pedro Plantain is ready to rumble! Kaiju Big Battel's high-flying fruit man fights for freedom and is able to boost his allies' abilities while tearing down the enemy's defenses. Pedro may look like he's on his own, but he has the ability to call in other Plantain family members to back him up.

Today's soup du jour is chicken noodle! Kung Fu Chicken Noodle, that is. This Kaiju Big Battel hero was once a dangerous rogue, and true to his roots, he's unpredictable. Soup can strike foes for brutally heavy damage but sometimes gets a little bit out of control, swinging his cleaver wildly and occasionally striking allies. Is it worth it? Is the extra muscle on your side enough to justify having a friend who sometimes punches you upside the head?

It's Robox! Kaiju Big Battel's cardboard champion is the latest addition to Fighto Fantasy.

Robox is a unique fighter, using his amazing new scanning technology to learn the marvelous moves of his enemies. Like all good boxes, you never know what sort of weird stuff you're going to find in here.

Non-playable Buddy:

Feel the funky rhythm, Super Wrong is stinking up the dance floor! A man of few words who can nonetheless speak volumes with his entrancing poses. Super Wrong will not fight in battle, but will nonetheless be an important ally, serving as Dusto Bunny's intern at Hero Headquarters. And who knows, he might just get a shot at a title fight later in the game!

Other Stuff:

You never know what kind of things you're going to find in a dark cave! Monsters, skeletons, treasure, maybe even a new friend. Sometimes our brightest hope is shrouded in darkness.

It wouldn't be an RPG without side quests and Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy has plenty. Sometimes you find shadowy beings beyond communication. Sometimes a muscle man needs you to defeat his cursed brother. Sometimes a cat needs a belly rub.

Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Plantain family and Kung Fu Chicken Noodle in one update? You're spoiling us!
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

It's a couple months of updates in one, I forgot I was posting these here.
Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Post by Soda_piggy »

Time for a quick update! We have a lot of WIP areas we'd love to share.

Dr. Cube Ruins Priceless Monuments!!!

UGH! Goobles!!! These things are the worst!

More antics in the pyramid!

Crap! Fell into the basement! Oooh! What are these glowing things?...
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Looks fantastic, as always. I like the colourful palette used inside the pyramid. Although, those png images appear to be dithered for some reason rather than palette-indexed with the original colours. Weird. Maybe your png encoder tried to compress to less than 256 colours?
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

I wrote a lot of bone puns for the game tonight. It's about two hours long total right now, still very early on.
Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Post by Soda_piggy »

@TMC Thanks. Yeah. I don't know what I did with that picture. Messed that one up.
Soda_piggy
Slime Knight

Post by Soda_piggy »

Today was our big reveal for the Egypt boss over at Twitter and thought we'd share!

It's... DINO KANG JR!!!

Behold the mighty dinosaur in all his magesty! Tremble in terror at his tremblenessitude!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Wow we've neglected this page crazy hard. Sorry! Game's on Greenlight now! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =870079437
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Love the trailer, dude. What did you use to put the subtitles together? One of these days I need to cut a trailer that's something other than an unlicensed music video. I like how this was done.

I'm crazy impressed with how this game is looking. Good job. Looking forward to checking it out.

Oh, and the new Super Walrus logo is also awesome.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Thanks! All of the video editing was done in Corel Visual Studio 10 and my clunky computer could barely handle it.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Huge vote yes!
It all looks fantastic!
This looks like it might be the biggest OHR game ever!
Commercial grade rpg, and then some!
Keep up the good work Sir Wobbles.

Side note: who do you think that stillalive93 guy is in the greenlight comments. Seems semi-knowable about the ohr, and yet not.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.