Heart of the OHR Contest 2016

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

My project for HotOHR that may or may not happen is "Obitus".

A game where three lost souls try to escape the underworld, with heavy use of black, white, blue and purple.
Mammothstuds
Slime Knight

Joining!

Post by Mammothstuds »

Sure, why not. I'm a rookie to slimesalad but I've made OHRRPGCE games before. Sign my game up under the name of "The Successor's Legacy", if you will.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Re: Joining!

Post by Gizmog »

Mammothstuds wrote:Sure, why not. I'm a rookie to slimesalad but I've made OHRRPGCE games before. Sign my game up under the name of "The Successor's Legacy", if you will.
A rookie, 'eh? Let the rookie hazing commence!
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Shall I break out the wooden paddles and silly dresses?
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

BMR wrote:Shall I break out the wooden paddles and silly dresses?
<a href="https://i.imgur.com/ninkvK0.jpg">Definitely!</a>
Mammothstuds
Slime Knight

Post by Mammothstuds »

Bob the Hamster wrote:
BMR wrote:Shall I break out the wooden paddles and silly dresses?
<a href="https://i.imgur.com/ninkvK0.jpg">Definitely!</a>
Wooden paddles? Haha, we're gonna go canoeing, right guys?

...right guys?
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

I love silly dresses. If you provide me with one, I'll go take my linguistics final in it. I'll even bring a wooden paddle.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Sounds like a Request for HotOHR Prize!
DragonChaserKev
Slime

Post by DragonChaserKev »

I came here looking for help to finish my ohrrpgce game I've been working on for 6 years now. Actually I think it's pretty much done other than minor fixes and testing and adding some npc's.

The main things it's missing is... no poison/cure, darkness/torches in dungeons/caves, cutscenes, return spell or outside/exit spell though I think I could make one.

Almost everything is done from scratch, but I'm not much of a music composer so if you make it all the way through you'll hear songs clearly not by me.

I guess Dragon Chaser will finally get a release. I'm in.
Attachments
dragonchaserLargeGreen.png
dragonchaserLargeGreen.png (659.29 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
Last edited by DragonChaserKev on Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Nice Kev, look forward to playing it.
vvight.wordpress.com
Mammothstuds
Slime Knight

Post by Mammothstuds »

I've done a lot on my game so far! The demo is downloadable on the gamelist. I'd like some feedback, if that's okay. Thanks!
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Dang, that was quick. I'm still just drawing stuff for the most part. So, feedback...

I picked the Dagger (or rather, randomly picked a chest and got the Dagger!) and am pretty much an unstoppable killing machine. The only thing that killed me was the first boss's poison attack because it was doing like 30+ damage per tick. Random monsters are just food, and since the main character has no spells, I'm literally just holding down Enter every fight and owning everything.

I'm not sure what the other starting weapons are like, but if they don't all have the OHRRPGCE equivalent of 100% Lifesteal, then Dagger is probably insanely overpowered.

The encounter rate for the beginning forest area is rather high and I powerlevelled without even trying to while I explored it.
Mammothstuds
Slime Knight

Post by Mammothstuds »

Thanks for the feedback, Foxley! All of these I was aware of, and will intend to fix to the best of my ability.

Also; you did get the Mayor in your party, did you not? Once you do, you can advance past the orb. The next area (the desert) is a bit more challenging, and monsters are more varied since you have two party members.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Ah yes, I did. The first enemy I ran into in the desert killed the Mayor in 2 hits, and since there are no resurrection items in the game (at this point at least) it was impossible to use the guy in the desert without first grinding him in the forest for probably more than half an hour. Which I decided not to do, I just left him dead and continued on my way and let Successor annihilate everything.

My suggestion: I'd have Mayor start at level 5 or 6. Or at least increase his level 0 HP to something around 50 or 60.
Last edited by Foxley on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mammothstuds
Slime Knight

Post by Mammothstuds »

Resurrection items are scattered about the desert in chests (there's one right next to the entrance in fact) and you can buy them from a guy not shortly after. Thought this might be helpful.

Also, in the new version, you recruit the mayor at level 2. You can purchase magical attacks from the merchant in Castle Town, and they really make the mayor a powerhouse. (Well, sorta).