Void Pyramid

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Prime Pharaoh
Slime

Void Pyramid

Post by Prime Pharaoh »

Greetings Scum:

I am the Prime Pharaoh, supreme ruler of Earth in the Ultimate Age. It disgusts me to address lowlifes like you, but I have traveled back through time with a message. On Thursday February 18th, a computer simulation called Void Pyramid will be released.

Void Pyramid will acclimate you to your future life of servitude. As one of my slaves, you will discover new realms of anguish and despair. This game will help desensitize you to your bleak fate.

Standby for further instructions.
Attachments
Study this picture of Earth's illustrious future.
Study this picture of Earth's illustrious future.
VP0.bmp (63.55 KiB) Viewed 8599 times
Last edited by Prime Pharaoh on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

I'm hyped for punching mummies.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I prostrate myself before thy Glory, oh Prime Pharaoh!
Prime Pharaoh
Slime

Post by Prime Pharaoh »

Foxley wrote:I'm hyped for punching mummies.
The mummy army is a royal secret. Who told you of it? They will be tortured and executed.
Bob the Hamster wrote:I prostrate myself before thy Glory, oh Prime Pharaoh!
Greetings unworthy subject. Your groveling is not pathetic enough. You are sentenced to exile in deep space.
Last edited by Prime Pharaoh on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prime Pharaoh
Slime

Post by Prime Pharaoh »

Greetings Scum:

I, the Prime Pharaoh, return with another message. I have left the pleasurable company of my mutant harem to speak to you, so listen carefully.

Aside from my Palace of Living Flesh, the Void Pyramid is the ultimate creation of my empire. This spacefaring prison is home to criminals, dissidents, freakish monstrosities, and corrupt guards. Lowlifes like you will be at home. There are no cells. You are free to explore the pyramid's dismal confines and abuse your fellow prisoners. The only escape is death.
Attachments
Meet one of your roommates.
Meet one of your roommates.
VP2.bmp (63.55 KiB) Viewed 8536 times
Welcome to your new home.
Welcome to your new home.
VP1.bmp (63.55 KiB) Viewed 8536 times
Last edited by Prime Pharaoh on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Oh, slime! I better grovel harder!

*wiggles like a mewling worm in the dust*
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Oh, I am so pitiful! Oh, I am so unworthy!

Lower than the dust! Lower than the worms that crawl beneath the dust! So low, so low...

I shall now cry myself to sleep, as I do every night...
Prime Pharaoh
Slime

Post by Prime Pharaoh »

Greetings Mewling Worms:

It is I, the Prime Pharaoh, again. I just executed all my wives and I am tired, so I will make this brief. The Void Pyramid is policed by my most wicked agents. Their duty (and passion) is to cull the pyramid's population with acts of carnage.

Serket the Queen of Scorpions was once my lover. She tried to poison me, but was too beautiful to kill. Instead, I banished her to the Void Pyramid.

Anubis the King of Death is a son I sired with a jackal. Due to his bestial blood, he was too demented to raise as an heir. I banished him to the Void Pyramid as well.

Ammit the Devourer of Souls is a horrible monster from the depths of hyperspace. He has slaughtered whole armies. I hope that he will never return to Earth again.
Attachments
Explore magnificent sewers.
Explore magnificent sewers.
VP3.bmp (63.55 KiB) Viewed 8494 times
Overcome dangerous obstacles.
Overcome dangerous obstacles.
VP4.bmp (63.55 KiB) Viewed 8494 times
SDHawk
Metal Slime

Post by SDHawk »

Mr. Prime Pharaoh, your harshest critics are often heard complaining that your Void Pyramid project is a waste of tax payer money that is merely training your slaves and greatest enemies to be better equipped for an eventual uprising against your benevolent rule. How do you respond to these criticisms?
Prime Pharaoh
Slime

Post by Prime Pharaoh »

SDHawk wrote:Mr. Prime Pharaoh, your harshest critics are often heard complaining that your Void Pyramid project is a waste of tax payer money that is merely training your slaves and greatest enemies to be better equipped for an eventual uprising against your benevolent rule. How do you respond to these criticisms?
By “critics”, you must mean “Nubian spies”. Spreading Nubian propaganda is punishable by death. You have been warned.

In any case, those criticisms are unfounded. It is impossible for anyone to escape from the Void Pyramid, or so I’ve been told. They would have to overcome 36 chambers of deadly traps and vicious monsters, which is pretty unlikely.
Last edited by Prime Pharaoh on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prime Pharaoh
Slime

Post by Prime Pharaoh »

Hail Comrades:

I am the Prime Pharaoh's Exalted Curator. I am here on his behalf to provide more spectacular details about the soon-to-be-released Void Pyramid computer simulation.

For your sake, I beseech you to download Void Pyramid. The Prime Pharaoh is a maniac, and he will be very upset if you do not.

Void Pyramid will arrive in your reality 24 hours from this moment. Please be prepared!

Features:

*Highly interactive environments! Explore the intricately designed pyramid. Every room is loaded with interesting beings and objects to encounter.

*Selectable character classes! Be a soldier, slave, or scribe. Overcome challenges with their unique skills.

*Flexible character advancement! Develop your character how you want with an unusual yet intuitive advancement system.

*Do more than fight! Use your brawn, wits, and agility stats to kick down doors, bend bars, hack computers, haggle with merchants, dodge traps, and scale walls.

*Unique setting! In the spacefaring future, the Egyptian empire has risen again. The mutant armies of the Prime Pharaoh oppress mankind.

*Options! Discover multiple solutions for each encounter. Explore multiple paths through the dungeon. Experience multiple endings. Fight optional bosses. Uncover optional treasures.

*Great writing! Detailed prose draws you into the world.

*Original music! The soundtrack really bangs.

*No filler! 4 to 8 hours of engaging gameplay with no wasted space.
Attachments
Wield horrific weapons against even more horrific beasts.
Wield horrific weapons against even more horrific beasts.
VP5.bmp (63.55 KiB) Viewed 8442 times
Collect fabulous treasures and live a life of luxury.
Collect fabulous treasures and live a life of luxury.
VP6.bmp (63.55 KiB) Viewed 8442 times
Prime Pharaoh
Slime

Post by Prime Pharaoh »

A speaker is installed in the shadowy rafters of your prison vault. It comes alive with a burst of static. The man in the cell besides yours awakens and moans. The speaker blares an announcement.

"The Void Pyramid computer simulation will be released shortly. Following your prayers, download it without delay."
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Void Pyramid is complete and ready to be played. Download it here on Slime Salad. I designed the game and sheakennedy made the graphics. We've been working hard for 18 months, so I hope you will take the time to give it a try.

Make sure to use the game.exe included in the download. I anxiously await your feedback, bug reports, and ideas for improvement. If you beat the game, I would love to see summary of your playthrough, including...

Your class:
How many treasures you found:
What special items you found: i.e. vibro, adrenal, seal, dream, ether
Your stats at the end of the game:
How long it took to beat:
Something you liked:
Something you hated:
Your favorite piece of music:
Your favorite enemy:

I am offering $20 to the first 5 players to beat the game and record a video of their entire playthrough. You do not need to record audio commentary with your mic if you do not want, just video is fine. Although, audio commentary would be great!

Thanks for playing! I am excited to hear your opinions!
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

I have been so excited for this game's full release since the early testing of it. Even replayed Ramble Planet to quench my thirst a bit. I loved it back then, and I can't wait to see what it's grown into. I plan on dropping all my other games for a while just to play through it.

I will make sure to take note of all of those things while playing through, but I don't know if I'll be able to record it. I'll have to figure out exactly how. My computer's software is kinda iffy.

EDIT: Are you going to release an Android version after bug testing and stuff? I was able to get a lot more people to play Ramble Planet when they could do it on their phones and not have to download it.
Last edited by kylekrack on Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

I was thinking of trying to record a new playthrough for this game (the test version was one of the first full playthroughs I've attempted to record, however long ago that was). My only concern is with the horrendous trouble I had in attempting to record Ruin last summer (now Macabre). I'm still not sure why had so many failures with that one. I can say that if this gives me even a whiff of trouble, I won't be recording this, either. But I can give it a try this weekend.

Having said that, I'm glad it's finally finished. I had a lot of fun with the test version.
Place Obligatory Signature Here