Prize Pool #4

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Currently smashing my head into a brick wall trying to figure out a Trello organization scheme that'll help me get things done in 5 months. (Seriously, if literally everyone and their dog didn't sing Trello's praises I'd suspect it's actually counterproductive garbage, but it must just be me.)

I'm going to hold off on actual development until March 1st aside from warmups and concept sketches.
Matokage
Slime Knight

Post by Matokage »

Pepsi Ranger wrote:I think this is a clever idea. However, just be aware that original soundtrack isn't something the community will judge, unless you ask them to. Unless you ask, you'll have to award the prize to whichever soundtrack you personally like the most.
Hmm... decisions... decisions...

I think it would be fair if I request that you guys evaluate the OST but at the same time it looks like that i'm third-parting the job.
Last edited by Matokage on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can't buy food with glory"
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

What will likely happen is that some people will do it and some won't.
So you may end up with fewer votes for the soundtrack than the greater overall vote total, but you'll likely still get an ok amount.
I'd expect a little less than 50%
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Honestly, I would just choose your favorite original soundtrack. It's the simplest way. It may be a bit subjective, but hey, all of this kind of is.

Plus, you said you're sharing it on your page, right? You have the right to choose whose is best in that case.

EDIT: @Foxley: I'm writing out a full summary of the game in Act/scene format before even starting work on the actual game. At that point I plan on just getting content all in there; I just want to make it playable from beginning to end. Then I'll add in everything else. It may be difficult to force placeholder graphics, but it must be done. I hope you don't stress yourself out about it too much. We do this for fun!
Last edited by kylekrack on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Hey guys, just a reminder that the contest window begins this Tuesday. Although I'm willing to take prize volunteers at any stage of the contest, I do think it's a good idea to have a comprehensive list at the start, so if anyone else would like to add to the pool, or even make suggestions for others who may be short on ideas but long on charity, please do.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

OK, here we go then.

My Trello is pretty well stocked with easily accomplished bits of progress so I can shop around for 1-2 to finish in one day. I'm also going to try out the 5-1-1 rule (5 days of work, 1 day of testing/cleanup/revision, 1 day completely off) during the contest period. I did a quick estimate of easily guaranteed free time I could invest per week vs estimated time to accomplish tasks, and it seems doable.

Going to get started tomorrow.
Matokage
Slime Knight

Post by Matokage »

Okay. In the end, I will be chosing the best sound track after all.

I'm working on something for this year that I should have relesed past year, but the project was just bare bones.
"I can't buy food with glory"