Export Mac/Linux on Nightlies

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Export Mac/Linux on Nightlies

Post by Meatballsub »

I get the error "download failed (tried both wget and curl) press any key..." when I try to export my game for Linux or Mac using the nightly version. Is this a known issue or am I doing something wrong?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Hmmm... It looks like support/wget.exe is not included in the nightly builds.

You can look in the beelzebufo zip file and extract wget.exe and put it in the nightly OHRRPGCE's support subdirectory, and that should fix the error.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Thanks James!
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

BTW, don't try to create a Mac package from Windows. It will package it with Beelzebufo instead of Callipygous.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Well crap! Any way I can do a MAC distribution manually?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Sorry, I was wrong. Turned out this issue was fixed two years ago, but the presence of a two-years-out-of-date file in the downloads directory confused me. (That file is only used by Alectormancy)

BTW, just a warning (which we should put somewhere appropriate): if you use some old stable release of the OHR to distribute your game, it will download and package using the latest stable version rather than the one you're using. And if you're using a nightly build, then it'll package using the latest nightly. The exception being if you're on Windows distributing for Windows, or on Linux distributing for Linux (interesting on Mac it doesn't skip the redundant download) -- which makes it even harder to notice this behaviour.
Last edited by TMC on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Not sure I followed all of that. But you made me paranoid, so I decided to do a fresh install with the nightly only and re-build the distribution packages that way. I'm assuming I should be OK for the Windows, Mac and Linux distributables that way?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Sorry for the confusion; if you're using Beelzebufo and you want to package using Beelzebufo there's no need to be worried about anything (until Callipygous is released anyway); it'll package it with Beelzebufo.

But I JUST noticed the title of this thread and realised that you actually want to package with the latest nightly. So it'll always download and package with the latest nightly for Mac and Linux, and use whatever version you downloaded for Windows. So yes... it is actually a good idea to download the latest nightly before distributing your game, so that you're packaging the same version for all of Windows, Mac, and Linux. This behaviour of the Distribute menu could be better...