Now Available - Macabre

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Now Available - Macabre

Post by Meatballsub »

Ruin is now available on Windows, Mac, and Linux! An Android version will be released at a later date.

If you run into any issues, or have any questions about anything, please let me know.

I am releasing a little earlier than expected, but you shouldn't run into any problems (as long as you play with the bundled engine version).

http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?p=116360

EDIT:

I've updated the game to support the nightly builds. Because of that, I merged the the standard edition and director's cut into one game.

If you have already started the game, I wouldn't bother with re-downloading this, as your save file may get a little wacky. For those who haven't started yet (or aren't very far along), please be sure to download the latest version before you play.

I'm going to be playing the game in this version in its entirety to ensure it isn't broken from the engine version update, but it should be fine. Any issues, just let me know.
Last edited by Meatballsub on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Just to give you guys a heads up, this game is one of the most impressive things I've played on the OHR (so far). I can't come up with anything to complain about. You really should play this. Like, now.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Thanks for the kind words, PR!

I just updated the game section to include links to the director's cut version.

Ruin was built and balanced around no menu pauses in combat. But due to multiple testers feeling that it was a little overwhelming (especially the boss encounters), I decided to pause combat menus for the standard release (to give people more breathing room in combat). That was not my original intentions, however.

The director's cut is exactly the same as the standard version, with the exception that battle menus do NOT pause. This will create a more frantic and challenging experience for those who prefer that kind of play style.

Once the latest stable engine release includes the way to script this choice instead of having two separate versions of the game, I will update the file accordingly (and probably include an exclusive achievement for those that run through the DX version).
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Meatballsub wrote:Once the latest stable engine release includes the way to script this choice instead of having two separate versions of the game, I will update the file accordingly
Good news! You can do this already! :)

<a href="http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/doc ... tmode">set battle wait mode</a> changes the setting to just pause in spell and item menus.

<a href="http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/doc ... menus">set active battle pause on all menus</a> is probably the command you want. It changes the setting to pause on all menus. This isn't saved in save games, so you need to keep track of it with a tag or a global variable and re-apply it in your load game script. (let me know if you want to see examples)

There is not any command for switching between active-time battles and turn-based battles, but if anybody ever begged me fore it, I could make it happen.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

James, I thought set active battle pause on all menus was a nightly feature? I tried using it and it wouldn't compile as it didn't recognize the command.
Last edited by Meatballsub on Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I'm happy to announce that Ruin is now Slime Salad's featured game, finally kicking out Ramble Planet. Congratulations on finishing it!
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Mogri wrote:I'm happy to announce that Ruin is now Slime Salad's featured game, finally kicking out Ramble Planet. Congratulations on finishing it!
Well, it was a good run. Now I need to get to work to reclaim my throne.

Regardless, I'll give Ruin a try this weekend. I've been waiting for years now.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Just uploaded a new version that fixes a couple of minor things. Shouldn't affect current saves, so I do recommend re-downloading it if you got it earlier.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Meatballsub wrote:James, I thought set active battle pause on all menus was a nightly feature? I tried using it and it wouldn't compile as it didn't recognize the command.
Oh, yeah, I guess it is a nightly feature. I did not realize you were sticking with beelzebufo.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Meatballsub, I'd like to apologize for being completely useless as a playtester. Things have been in flux for me lately (just started a new job) so I haven't had the free time or focus to really do any quality playtesting. I feel bad for even volunteering in the first place now. :(

I do look forward to giving Ruin a proper playthrough when things are more settled down for me though.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Awesome. I guess this goes straight to the top of my list of OHR games to play.

You could add "set battle wait mode" and "set active battle pause on all menus" to Beelzebufo as scripts, but the next release shouldn't be far off anyway. I'll play through it in Callipygous as testing. I'm aware of a couple other games that have broke in Callipygous so I'm a bit concerned about that.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Foxley wrote:Meatballsub, I'd like to apologize for being completely useless as a playtester. Things have been in flux for me lately (just started a new job) so I haven't had the free time or focus to really do any quality playtesting. I feel bad for even volunteering in the first place now. :(

I do look forward to giving Ruin a proper playthrough when things are more settled down for me though.
Don't sweat it, Foxley.
Last edited by Meatballsub on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

I've updated the game to support the nightly builds. Because of that, I merged the the standard edition and director's cut into one game.

If you have already started the game, I wouldn't bother with re-downloading this, as your save file may get a little wacky. For those who haven't started yet (or aren't very far along), please be sure to download the latest version before you play.

I'm going to be playing the game in this version in its entirety to ensure it isn't broken from the engine version update, but it should be fine. Any issues, just let me know.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

An Android version of Ruin is now available for free on Amazon and Google Play.

A free OUYA version has been submitted and should be live within the next few days.

Also, an improved framerate along with some minor fixes release will be available for PC, Mac and Linux within the hour. The Android equivalent will be available in a few days.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

What did you change the frame rate to? How much did the change impact battles (especially in non-pause mode?)