Now Available - Macabre

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

The Amazon shopping app does not search apps by default.

When you first open it, touch the menu icon in the top left corner

From the menu, pick "Apps & Games"

Then touch the magnifying glass icon in the top right

From there you can search for "Ruin"

...of course, it is possible that your Amazon Store app is different than mine. I just installed the latest version because my phone did not have it already. If your phone came bundled with the Amazon app, it is possible you are stuck with an older version that might not be easy to upgrade, I am not sure.

While I was playing Ruin last night, I got the "Holy Crap!" achievement. Wow, that is a useful item! I might leave it unequipped later on if it starts to make me feel overpowered :)
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Nice find! Especially early on. Let me know if you happen upon another one though.

Originally that achievement was near impossible to get on a single play through. Seeing as most people will probably only play once, I adjusted it slightly to make it a bit easier to get. That's not to say it's simple to get though, as it's the rarest find in the game either way. The RNG gods smile upon you James!
Shadowiii
Slime Knight

Post by Shadowiii »

Woah, this game is great!

Just a quick question: how long do you estimate the game is? I'll try and get a review of it up (maybe) if I actually beat it without getting distracted by Dota 2 or The Witcher.
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Shadowiii wrote:Woah, this game is great!

Just a quick question: how long do you estimate the game is? I'll try and get a review of it up (maybe) if I actually beat it without getting distracted by Dota 2 or The Witcher.
Good luck getting away from The Witcher, haha.

Before the framerate increase, Ruin took 10-15 hours to complete depending on how much grinding/side content you did. With the new framerate, you are probably looking at 7-10 hours.

I would update the game to the latest version before you keep going though.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Some updates:

Ruin is now known as Macabre.

I had a nice indie company contact me and ask if I would be willing to change the name in exchange for some cash and a little bit of promotion on their end. I thought it was best to comply, so here we are now.

Having said that, any of you that have been active on the forums in the past that want a free copy of the Steam version, PM me and I'll send you a key.

My reasoning behind this is to avoid people joining the forums simply to get a free key. I want to offer this only to those who have been with me through this crazy development journey.

If you haven't played the game since it launched on Steam, there have been quite a few changes made (both graphically and balance-wise). It's worth checking out if again if you haven't finished it yet.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Interesting.
Is the TM after the name accurate? Did you really trademark the name?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Spoonweaver wrote:Interesting.
Is the TM after the name accurate? Did you really trademark the name?
TM is the way to mark an unregistered trademark. It just shows that you personally consider the name to be your trademark, and lets people know you intend to enforce your trademark. Just like with © for copyright, you can do it without registering.

® is the way to mark a trademark that has been registered with the US Patent office. You have to pay a fee to get this, but I don't think it is expensive. You can still enforce a trademark without this, but you can't sue for damages without it.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Oh...
The more you know!