One-Month All-Mouse Left-Click OHRRPGCE Game Contest (2015)

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

The hitbox would be the full 20x20.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Tried using the 'binary' pen in SAI to work on drawing scenes. So far, I like the results. And it's fun, too. Behold, dazzling 16 colors.

EDIT:
Updated the screen, woop.
Last edited by Foxley on Wed May 27, 2015 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Haha! I love that wizard!
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

May I suggest unstickying HotOHR thread and stickying this thread in its place? Just noticed HotOHR is still up there despite having no posts in 3 months.

Also, thanks!
Last edited by Foxley on Wed May 27, 2015 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Yes, looks great!

Generally you will want to create invisible container slices to act as hitboxes, positioned and sized to be close to what you want.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I started the Graffiti Goose project to make a goofy spin-off of a character in Mr. Triangle's Adventure, because it seemed like a long time ago, this kind of thing happened more. At least with TV shows and I want to think it happened a lot in games too before they costed studios a fortune to make. But it's nice to know there's finally a version of this game I can submit for something besides just this one cause.

http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?p=116472

There's nothing new from the Google Play release except for the fact that there's now a tutorial section, and it's the first actual release on PC. If this kind of stuff knocks points off, I totally understand. Pretty sure Spoonweaver, Glock & 8bit and myself are just stoked people are still enjoying this game.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I wanted to mention an exception to the "mouse input only" rule.

If you want to use keyboard input for typing text, such as renaming a hero, or using the "input string" plotscripting command, that is totally okay. Doing so will not count as breaking the mouse-input-only rule.

However, for anybody who wants to be a purist anyway, the latest nightly build has a new command:

<a href="http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/doc ... ard">input string with mouse keyboard</a>

This command pops up a virtual keyboard that you can click on with your mouse. This virtual keyboard has already existed for a while, and is automatically used when renaming a hero on Android, this command just exposes it so you can use it in scripts.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Oh god. Finally, a day off starting tomorrow. I haven't really done much of anything so far besides draw a few screens and the HUD and make clicking slices. I'll drink tons of coffee and try to make up for lost time this weekend.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

I'm now officially a high school graduate! That means I can effectively dedicate all of my time to sitting at my computer all day, and you know what that means. I'll be able to get some work done! Everybody work hard and do the best that you can. I love you all.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

When I had heaps of free time for months I got ever better at squandering it; try not to fall into that trap!
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Congrats on graduating, kyle.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

After lots of painstaking resizing and pixel counting and me being inefficient, here is the updated HUD.

Not only that, every HUD interactable has its own slice in the slice collection editor, and it's all placed perfectly.

kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Looks very nice.
Ps. I love my wife
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

I'm going to try to figure out how to make mouse plotscripting work over the weekend. If I'm not successful, I'll be dropping out a week in advance. This slime is doing my head in.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

I've finished what I think to be all of my game's core mechanics. I still have a lot of work to do by means of artwork and writing and things like that, but I think I'll be able to start making serious headway this week. I don't know if I'll finish in time. It depends on how long I end up making the game, but I am still here and I'm still working!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-06-14 at 7.50.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-14 at 7.50.33 PM.png (63.65 KiB) Viewed 4418 times
Ps. I love my wife