Our new spring look

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Soule X
Red Slime

Post by Soule X »

Zooming isn't working for me either.
Matokage
Slime Knight

Post by Matokage »

Awesome new look, at first I thought, WTF has just happend? I hasted to the front page to look for an answer and I was glad to see this thread!
The top Navbar is great, cant say anything about the colorscheme as my monitor have some falty color curve and is "unfixible" for me as im not a TV technician.
The <h1> style is a bit odd, nothing that would ruin my experience with the forums.
It would be awesome if CSS suported Gradient filled text.

Also, this just happened after I took a HTML5 course, and that is a coincidence...

Also, are you messing up with the layout just now? I was reading with Avatars on the left slot and then all of a sudden there is a Blank space on the rigth and my avatar is at the top of my post.
Last edited by Matokage on Mon May 18, 2015 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can't buy food with glory"
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Matokage wrote:Also, are you messing up with the layout just now? I was reading with Avatars on the left slot and then all of a sudden there is a Blank space on the rigth and my avatar is at the top of my post.
There's an intermittent bug that causes the post to display below the avatar, and I have yet to fully track it down.
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

Just noticed... "occupation" and "interests" in the user profiles seem to both be showing whatever you put in for "occupation" now, rather than using the matching text. When you go to edit the profile both are intact, but when actually viewing it the "interests" line turns into a copy of "occupation."

For an example, my profile shows "Fat guy" for both sections, rather than interests being blank (before) or "???" (after I recently edited it.)
FYS:AHS -- Working on Yagziknian NPC walkabout sprites
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Thanks, fixed.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Still no luck with zooming on mobile, although I have been getting by well without it.

I like the avatars on the right in wide view. I was expecting it to be a little jarring, but no, it looks good.

Also, looking at the game list, I noticed that the line saying you cannot review your own games gets mushed together with the first line of the game description.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I am no longer able to find how to subscribe to new-post notifications for a thread. Did that option get removed in the new layout?
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Zoom should be fixed for real now.

There's a checkbox option when replying to "Notify me when a reply is posted." If there was another method for subscribing to a thread, I don't know about it, but I could re-add it if you can tell me where it was.

I've updated the game detail page, fixing an issue with the author box and adjusting the display of the rating text.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Yep, zooming works now on my phone :)

I thought there used to be some kind of "subscribe" button at the bottom of the thread, but maybe I am misremembering, or getting confused with other forums. The "notify me when a reply is posted" checkbox does seem fine, I had just forgotten that it was only there when you reply
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Something went funny on mobile in the last update, tables were all formatted properly earlier.
Attachments
tmp_3453-Screenshot_2015-05-19-15-49-45989813877.png
tmp_3453-Screenshot_2015-05-19-15-49-45989813877.png (60.42 KiB) Viewed 8884 times
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

The Wobbler wrote:Something went funny on mobile in the last update, tables were all formatted properly earlier.
Is this still happening? If so, what's your tablet's screen resolution? Or if you don't know that, what kind of tablet are you using?
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

This is on my Android phone which is something like 360x600, using Firefox mobile.

Just checked and it works fine in the mobile version of Chrome.
Last edited by The Wobbler on Tue May 19, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

Are the numbers of votes on the gamelist displaying correctly?

I ask because it seems really unlikely that a just-uploaded game (Vocabulary Mosaic 2015 Edition, for example) would already have 24 votes (...do we even have 24 people here who bother to give star ratings on the gamelist?), and even more unlikely that it would end up right at the default two-and-a-half stars as a result of those 24 votes. I'm noticing some other oddities in the vote numbers based on the last time I looked at the gamelist before the update, but that seems like the most obvious "something fishy is going on here..." one.
FYS:AHS -- Working on Yagziknian NPC walkabout sprites
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Yeah, I was wondering about those votes too. I am guessing some spam robot is voting by accident.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

FnrrfYgmSchnish wrote:Are the numbers of votes on the gamelist displaying correctly?
Good catch - that was the number of games by the author. It's correct now.

@Wobbler: Thanks. I'll take a look tomorrow.