Attack Chaining Issues.

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

LTH1986
Slime

Attack Chaining Issues.

Post by LTH1986 »

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of an issue.
Here is my attack that I made. Basically its an attack that lowers the targets speed. The first attack shows the caster shooting the projectile, the second shows the attack "colliding" with the target and the last is basically showing that your speed has been lowered.

Here is my problem, rather showing each attack chaining in order as shown for some reason during battle the attack skips the second and just show attack 1 and 3 but not 2. So I removed 3 from the chain to see if it will chain 1 and 2 and show the image, but rather than show the image, it just shows attack 1 only. What could be the problem, I really don't get what I did wrong.

TL;DR
Made a 3 part chain attack. During battle attack 1 and 3 will show but now 2 resulting in the attack looking like 1, 3 and not 1, 2, 3[/img]
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Hard to tell from the image there, but it looks like you might be using an "Instead" chain for one of those steps.
LTH1986
Slime

Post by LTH1986 »

I don't think I used Instead chaining.
I'm using these setting on attack 1 and 2 and since 3 doesn't chain into anything I left it alone. So by these setting 1 should 100% chain into 2 and that should 100% chain into 3.

Also went back to recheck everything and I noticed something that could probably help. Each attack image has a different sound, when I test the attack each sound for 1, 2, and 3 play it just won't show the image as stated above.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Oh hey, you said only the first attack was showing. In that case, the likely culprit is that your attack settings for the second and third attacks are misconfigured. If you want the animations to show, then make sure the targeting and animation settings are good.
LTH1986
Slime

Post by LTH1986 »

I SEE!!
For reason I set the attack animation to NULL for 2 and 3. I meant to set attacker animation to null so the user would move. Thanks for the help!