*Get*SliceAlign?

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

*Get*SliceAlign?

Post by Gizmog »

I'm really tired and maybe my eyes aren't working. Is there such a command? I think I can work around it if there's not, but it sure would be easier to say "Oi! You! Be aligned like your daddy is, there's a good slice, come along to the store I'll buy you a Toffee Crisp". Am I missing something obvious?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Hmmm... You are correct, those commands are completely missing.

I can fix that. Thank you for bringing it to my attention :)

EDIT: fixed, the fresh nightly build should be ready in under 30 minutes.

The new commands are "get horiz align" "get vert align" "get horiz anchor" "get vert anchor"
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Awesome, thanks a lot!
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

The new commands work great, but seem to be throwing an error message when you use them for non-sprites. I've been using rectangles to search out a clear path from the player's position to where they clicked that they want to go. The rectangles are aligned properly now, so I know the "GetHoriz/Vertical" stuff works, it's just upset that they aren't sprites. Sorry to be trouble.
Attachments
Fires every time I use it on a rectangle..
Fires every time I use it on a rectangle..
ClownGame0022.png (5.5 KiB) Viewed 559 times
But the end result is correct. (Except for the blue dot over the ladies head, but that one's my mistake)
But the end result is correct. (Except for the blue dot over the ladies head, but that one's my mistake)
ClownGame0023.png (3.57 KiB) Viewed 559 times
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Oops! How careless of me!

I was validating the slice handles using valid_plotsprite() when I should have been using valid_plotslice()

I have fixed the bug, and a new nightly is building now