HamsterSpeak #20 Online

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Gilbert Smith
Slime

Post by Gilbert Smith »

Nah, I didn't make Christopher Walken RPG, though I wish I did.

I did finish a 47 minute contest game, Sigmar the Downtrodden, in the IMD Anthology.

As an experiment, I made a game in thirty minutes the other day, and I'm thinking of holding a contest like that. Call it the Coffee Break Contest, since you have the timespan of a single coffee break to finish a game, and you do it to goof off and take a break from a more serious project.
Uncommon
Metal Slime

Post by Uncommon »

Gilbert Smith wrote:Nah, I didn't make Christopher Walken RPG, though I wish I did.
Who did? I always misremember it as you and completely forget about Sigmar.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Did anybody get a chance to play the Halloween Quest 3 demo that was up til yesterday? Surlaw told me there was like 50 downloads, but I haven't heard any feedback on it.
Twinconclusive
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Twinconclusive »

Gilbert Smith wrote:As an experiment, I made a game in thirty minutes the other day, and I'm thinking of holding a contest like that. Call it the Coffee Break Contest, since you have the timespan of a single coffee break to finish a game, and you do it to goof off and take a break from a more serious project.
I'm genuinely curious about the kind of games that such a contest might bring forth.

This challenge needs to be proposed.
Did anybody get a chance to play the Halloween Quest 3 demo that was up til yesterday? Surlaw told me there was like 50 downloads, but I haven't heard any feedback on it.
Yeah...I've been meaning to, but I don't really have the best of time right now. :(

Oh, I also completely missed my chance to download it. :zombie:
Last edited by Twinconclusive on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
♪♪♪ Du du duuuu ♪♪♪
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Gilbert Smith wrote:As an experiment, I made a game in thirty minutes the other day, and I'm thinking of holding a contest like that. Call it the Coffee Break Contest, since you have the timespan of a single coffee break to finish a game, and you do it to goof off and take a break from a more serious project.
I was thinking about a contest like that, too. Don't tell everyone "you have to start at X-o'clock and finish at X:30," let everyone pick their own 30-minute timeframes. In fact, give them an extra thirty minute grace period, just so long as they finish a game in a minimum of time.

You should do it. I'd enter.

Christopher Walken RPG: I'm pretty sure it was someone in RMS, and I want to say Scyree. It was someone who released three games in the 47-minute timeframe. It might've been TM, because I think Seizure Inducer was another of those, but I'm less sure about that.
Last edited by Mogri on Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncommon
Metal Slime

Post by Uncommon »

Seizure Inducer was a 48 hour game.
If it was someone that did three, Scyree'd be the likely candidate with BLANK GAME and Bill the Desk.