Liquid Metal King Slime
Review: Zero: Secret Pasts Collide 
 PostWed Jan 07, 2015 10:39 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Untitled.png
This is a review of Zero: Secret Pasts Collide.

Clearly the graphics here are ripped, but let's try to look past that shall we?

The Good
This game really feels like the old epic rpgs the engine was modeled after. The characters in town all seem to have personality as does the town itself. The story seems interesting enough to make me want to see more. There was clearly a lot of thought and work put into this game. The little scripted parts are nicely done, and I liked the custom menus. The character saying "Fire" when it casts the fire spell was great.

The Bad
The beginning intro seems too long. There's a part in it where a group of 3 friends are walking through town to go get knighted and I just couldn't help but think, "Why can't I control them right now?" Also, there's a really terrible screeching sound effect that plays during the intro. I turned my volume off because of it almost missing the in battle sound effects. The biggest problem is the first real mission you have is to literally go and grind. I gained 2 levels and came back and still got destroyed. I'm not sure I could have done anything differently besides level more.

The Conclusion
Looking beyond the ripped graphics is pretty hard. But more than the graphics, everything is straight from Final Fantasy. This is the main problem with ripping graphics or otherwise using graphics not made for one's game, the graphics aren't the only thing that gets ripped. Things like characters, monsters, attacks and even plot points are close to follow when you rip graphics. This is basically more of a fan game or a rom hack then an indie game.