The Official Hamster Republic All Star Battles

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Sparoku
Metal Slime

Post by Sparoku »

FnrrfYgmSchnish wrote:(Sailor Moon had just as many fangames as DBZ if not more, from what I remember)
Oh yeah! I have at least 3 that I found. Being a Sailor Moon fan, I snagged them up quick! XD
"One can never improve enough nor should one stop trying to improve."
Urkelbot666
Slime Knight

Post by Urkelbot666 »

Gizmog wrote:There were plenty of DBZ games around the turn of the millenium. Pick one!
Haha, that's what I was working on my first time around with OHR, before my 10+ year hiatus! It was so heavy on graphics and dialogue that there was very little actual gameplay. It was all talk and no action, so I suppose it was relatively faithful to the actual show XD

Sadly it burned up in a house fire, never to see the light of day, but I still think about it from time to time.
Froginator
Slime Knight

Post by Froginator »

Good news guys! I've been playing around with the MUGEN engine lately and the Official Hamster Republic All Star Battles are in the works! It will be a MUGEN character and stage pack and will probably take a while for me to finish but Sunny from The Pumpkin Warriors (yeh, I started with him cuz I know his moves the best ) is almost done. I'll probably draw all the characters in my cartoon style, but if you want another style just write me.
Some Pics:

Last edited by Froginator on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Fantastic. I look forward to seeing them all. Of course, since you've only done your own character so far I can't say I'm expecting this to be completed any time soon.
Froginator
Slime Knight

Post by Froginator »

Thanks! I wanted to ask you Spoonweaver if I could include Tim-Tim, and how I should draw him and which moves he should have. I'll probably make him when I'm finished with Sunny, and that will be very soon! Also, I'd love to make him look like your current profile picture :D And by the way these are some conceptual designs for some classic OHR characters:
Tell me if you like them, or leave critisism!
Last edited by Froginator on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I like how you drew Bob :)

I have no specific suggestions for moves, just do whatever you think of.

The thread about the OHRRPGCE Mousepad would probably help if you are looking for more character ideas. www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6351
Froginator
Slime Knight

Post by Froginator »

Thanks James :D
I'm happy to see that you're interested! So I was thinking about making Bob's attacks like the following:

Normal Attack: Fist punch
Strong Attack: Sunflowerseed/carrot throwing
Normal secondary Attack: Wooden Hammer
Strong secondary Attack: Strong Wooden Hammer pound
Guarding: He uses a cabbage as shield
Air Guarding: He uses a hamsterweel as protection
Crouching: He digs into the ground to have a smaller hitbox
Special: He eats soap and fills the screen with poisonous bubbles[/b]
Last edited by Froginator on Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Froginator
Slime Knight

Post by Froginator »

The Newcomers are here!

RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I'm fine with you using Mr. Triangle for this, I only ask that you credit Red Triangle Games for his use. My only complaint with the design is that he looks happy, and he's definitely got some attitude, so turning that happy expression upside down will be all I ask. In the past he's kicked triangles at people, but with the newer version that I'm releasing this year he's more of a melee fighter.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Surlawbob ain't got no tail but otherwise I like your art bro.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

That's really neat! I do like your style.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Generally, I try not to show tim-tim's hands. If you have to show his feet, he has brown shoes on.
His attacks, or spells in his case, are lightning, flame wave, tornado, and disintegrate. If he has to melee, he would normally use a dagger. In general, magic of possibly an elemental nature. Use your best judgement.

That said, you are welcome to make any sort of artistic decisions you feel are necessary. I like what you have for tim-tim here and I'm sure what ever you do will be great. Oh and I'd like to be in the credits. :V

ALSO: who are the newcomers and who's the frog?
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Froginator
Slime Knight

Post by Froginator »

the frog is from fat frog xD So the newcomers are one of the gun-pigs Sunny from Pumpkin Warriors, a slimesalad/slimeomancy slime, the dude from the mantle dwellers, and a mantle dweller as his companion
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Nice art!
RedMaverickZero wrote:My only complaint with the design is that he looks happy, and he's definitely got some attitude, so turning that happy expression upside down will be all I ask.
I interpreted that as a bloody thirsty grin, actually.
Froginator
Slime Knight

Post by Froginator »

I always thought Bob Surlaw was a yellow fish but.. ok I'm gonna change it and also the happy face of the triangle. And also every creator is going to be credited in this project. It's important for me to do that, because there will maybe be some guys who download it and aren't in the OHR community, but will because of these "ads"...MUAHAHAHAHA