Spend your Slimebucks: Slime Salad feature request thread

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. It's a profile setting, but nobody uses that setting. I'll just remove the setting and default to disable HTML.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Hurrah! The world is a better place.
Taco Bot
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

Post by Taco Bot »

If I could make a quick little suggestion: could we possibly use a higher-contrast font colour for code blocks? As it is, they're a little hard on the eyes: http://i.imgur.com/QEcEUxb.png
Sent from my iPhone
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I want a dice roll mechanic built into the forum.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Taco Bot wrote:If I could make a quick little suggestion: could we possibly use a higher-contrast font colour for code blocks? As it is, they're a little hard on the eyes: http://i.imgur.com/QEcEUxb.png
Yeah, I can do this. Bounty set at S$1000. Ordinarily, I'd just hop on and make the change, but I had a kid this week, and my time and sleep are stretched thin, so the bounty is mostly to remind me that this exists.
Spoonweaver wrote:I want a dice roll mechanic built into the forum.
I agree that this would be really nice to have, but it is not trivial to implement well. S$8000, and it might take a couple weeks.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Congrats on the new kid.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Grats!
vvight.wordpress.com
marionline
Metal Slime

Post by marionline »

(Ha! I knew there was a feature request thread somewhere! .... I just had to find it. )
Would it be possible to add a search by review count function to the game list?
It would make finding unreviewed game a lot easier.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

marionline wrote:(Ha! I knew there was a feature request thread somewhere! .... I just had to find it. )
Would it be possible to add a search by review count function to the game list?
It would make finding unreviewed game a lot easier.
Yes, that shouldn't be hard. S$1000 for the feature.

Finding unreviewed games isn't exactly hard, though -- probably half of the games on the site are unreviewed!
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

Not in a rush or anything, but here are some ideas. I will give you literally all of my monies.

Yo, as well as the font colour of code blocks (which I find REALLY difficult to read!) can you change the colour of highlighted links in a quote?
It appears like so (see attached image), in other words, it becomes invisible when I put my cursor over it. Or is this just me?

Green is a really horrible colour and does not contrast well with very many colours. As well as that, it is frankly boring lol
On the plus side, it is terribly soothing and calming :p I don't hate it all that much, but I'm not fond of it either.
The current theme puts me in mind of bogeys and vomit. Welcome to Slime Soup. I feel like I'm swimming in snot/mucous stew.

I actually like the "allgreen" theme a lot! but it still has poor contrast
(green on green! How about yellow or brown tones? Still reasonably slime-y)

3. related to above...
In terms of readability, hi-contrast, such as dark background and light font works better and is easier on the eyes.

Please, please add a hi-contrast theme for those of us out there with not-so-good eyesight and to ease strain.

Please consider a background image or texture (it could be slime based... maybe we could have a contest?)
The theme could recall vegetation if there were some background image with a suggestion of trees or foliage (or slimes, maybe)
Actually, I think having a contest to create a green, slime based texture or image would really add some je ne sais quoi to the forum.

In lieu of the above...
I would like alternate themes, or the ability to create themes, use custom themes or submit themes. My eyes hurt ;_;

(Congrats btw)
Attachments
Screenshot from 2017-06-25 23-43-07.png
Screenshot from 2017-06-25 23-43-07.png (132.16 KiB) Viewed 6970 times
Last edited by SwordPlay on Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Oh, Dang! I forgot about this thread. Who else wants to pool their slimebucks and buy an in-forum dice roller? I have over S$3000 right now.

Mogri, is the price still S$8000?
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

Bob the Hamster wrote:Oh, Dang! I forgot about this thread. Who else wants to pool their slimebucks and buy an in-forum dice roller? I have over S$3000 right now.

I knew I shouldn't have bought all that stuff for the arena ;_;
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Bob the Hamster wrote:Oh, Dang! I forgot about this thread. Who else wants to pool their slimebucks and buy an in-forum dice roller? I have over S$3000 right now.

I never use my slimebucks. I'll send you mine, the dice roller sounds like it could be cool.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Hell, I've got 37,000 slime bucks I'm not using. I'll cover half of the price, or however much left is needed to hit the price, whichever is higher.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Virtuous Sword wrote: I would like alternate themes, or the ability to create themes, use custom themes or submit themes. My eyes hurt ;_;
From your screenshot, it looks like you might be using the 'Ye Olde Slime Salad' theme rather than the default. That one has considerably worse contrast from the default.
Also, the colours in your screenshot are strangely screwed up. Maybe you're using some program to improve contrast?

You can edit the theme yourself thanks to the magic of CSS: https://www.slimesalad.com/forum/templa ... /style.css (there are other CSS files too, but this looks like the main one)
Actually using it is trickier, however. You can probably find a browser plugin to use a custom CSS file when visiting certain web pages (or try to convince/bribe Mogri to install it).