Spend your Slimebucks: Slime Salad feature request thread

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

"Premium" forum: What would be the purpose of the forum? I could see maybe allowing people to pay Slimebucks to post new topics to Front Page.
yes posts on the front page.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I'll add an a la carte list for people who want to purchase one-offs like that.

We have S$1248/10000 for game tagging. You may wish to mention your donations here to prevent duplication. I haven't decided how I'll issue refunds in case of overspending.

Check the original post for updates.
Last edited by Mogri on Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

Gamelist tagging sounds like a good thing to me. I went ahead and donated 2100 slimebucks to that, since I don't really use them for anything else anymore (...though I'm keeping 500 around around in case I decide I want a name-change. XD)

And on a related note: I would definitely suggest that tags should only be added/removed by the game's creator and admins (and I assume admin tag modifying powers will be reserved for things like... removing contest tags from games that weren't actually in that contest, or "complete" tags from games that aren't actually complete, or other stuff that just doesn't apply to the game but has been tagged on there anyway. Or taking down offensive stuff that someone put in their tags, I guess.)
Allowing any random person to add/remove tags for anyone's games on a whim just sounds like something that would be way too easily abused if(/when) somebody wants to be awful.
Last edited by FnrrfYgmSchnish on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
FYS:AHS -- Working on Yagziknian NPC walkabout sprites
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

I've donated the remaining 6652 for game-tagging.

A thought occurred to me - perhaps admins and authors should be able to tag games, but should also be able to grant tagging permission to other individuals? Not sure if this would be helpful or not.
I am Srime
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Mogri wrote:Wobbler bought a custom user title for S$800. That was not the intent, but I'm fine with it. In general, I mean for this to promote projects that benefit all users, so when I say, for example, S$6000 for the ad banner, that's something that everyone could use.
Whoops! Oh well I've got the best title anyone could ever have now.

For tags (which will rule) I'd say let anyone tag any game but remove a user's tagging ability outside of their own game if they decide to be dumb idiots with the tag system.
Last edited by The Wobbler on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

The Wobbler wrote:
Mogri wrote:Wobbler bought a custom user title for S$800. That was not the intent, but I'm fine with it. In general, I mean for this to promote projects that benefit all users, so when I say, for example, S$6000 for the ad banner, that's something that everyone could use.
Whoops! Oh well I've got the best title anyone could ever have now.

For tags (which will rule) I'd say let anyone tag any game but remove a user's tagging ability outside of their own game if they decide to be dumb idiots with the tag system.
So, basically like a topic poster's title and poll editing thing.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Can I pay money to have my own usergroup created as a leper colony, and then pay money to Moogle to "trap" people in it, and then charge those people money to be let out?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

What about Hawk's other suggestions? I think the ability to post images which are hosted on SS itself would be excellent, provided they can be embedded/displayed normally rather than something unpleasant like thumbnails (like many other phpBB forums unfortunately do).
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

I think the forums need a per-post/comment "Like" button. This is handy for those moments when someone posts a promotional screenshot of their upcoming game and 30 people want to give support whereas only two want to speak up about it. An alternative "Dislike" button could have the same effect. This is also nice to have when you really appreciate the advice someone gave you about how to make your slice flip upside down and transform into a werewolf as it performs jazz hands, even though you're a lurker and haven't ever spoken a word on Slime Salad. And things like that.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

On tagging: I will almost certainly leave this open, letting anyone who has uploaded a game tag any game. This allows for crowdsourcing of tagging, including for games whose authors have departed. If someone wants to troll with tags, we can take administrative actions.

Tags have been successfully funded, and I'll start working on them this week.
Gizmog wrote:Can I pay money to have my own usergroup created as a leper colony, and then pay money to Moogle to "trap" people in it, and then charge those people money to be let out?
You can certainly do part of that.
TMC wrote:What about Hawk's other suggestions?
I completely overlooked them.

Embedded images are possible, of course -- they're already enabled in Reviews and Games -- but I haven't enabled them elsewhere because the abuse potential seems to outweight the demand. If there's demand for it, though... S$4000

As for a "How to Post Your Game" tutorial, I'll happily sticky it to the front page if someone else wants to write it.
Pepsi Ranger wrote:I think the forums need a per-post/comment "Like" button.
I'm disinclined to add a feature like this. I think it works better when there's a larger user base.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Mogri wrote:Embedded images are possible, of course -- they're already enabled in Reviews and Games -- but I haven't enabled them elsewhere because the abuse potential seems to outweight the demand. If there's demand for it, though... S$4000
I would pay the bounty. But I hoping for the ability to display full size images rather than the current 320x200 thumbnails. Would it be possible to add a generated [img] tag for the attachment to the post when the user uploads an image, which they can then reposition? You can still show the list of attachments to the post at the bottom, but just skip the thumbnails. Or just ignore this suggestion if it's too much work to bother with.
Last edited by TMC on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

My suggestion would be some sort of forum attachment folder for each person's account that they can then store pictures in and possible more in and then link to those files.

In order to prevent abuse you could make this individually purchasable. But make it cheap so it's not out of reach for the casual OHR community member.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Spoonweaver wrote:My suggestion would be some sort of forum attachment folder for each person's account that they can then store pictures in and possible more in and then link to those files.

In order to prevent abuse you could make this individually purchasable. But make it cheap so it's not out of reach for the casual OHR community member.
Technically, you already have this: it's called PMs. Send yourself a PM with an attachment, use its URL for the IMG tag, done. It could have a better interface, but it's there. Feel free to pay into the increased PM space bounty if you're running out of attachment room.

In general, I'm disinclined to create features that users have to buy into. New users would effectively have limited access to the site. If I'm going to create a new feature, it'll be available to one of the following groups, depending on how ripe it is for abuse:
  • everyone
  • all registered users
  • all registered users who have posted
  • all registered users who have posted a game
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Mogri wrote:
Spoonweaver wrote:My suggestion would be some sort of forum attachment folder for each person's account that they can then store pictures in and possible more in and then link to those files.

Technically, you already have this: it's called PMs. Send yourself a PM with an attachment, use its URL for the IMG tag, done. It could have a better interface, but it's there. Feel free to pay into the increased PM space bounty if you're running out of attachment room.

In general, I'm disinclined to create features that users have to buy into. New users would effectively have limited access to the site. If I'm going to create a new feature, it'll be available to one of the following groups, depending on how ripe it is for abuse:
  • everyone
  • all registered users
  • all registered users who have posted
  • all registered users who have posted a game
That is probably the best policy.

Second question: Can we pay money to change the name/logo of the site?

Third question: Can we pay money to arrange "phony" transfers of ownerships for hi-larious April Fools hijinx?
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

I hear Moodle sold the site to Nathan Karr, confirm/deny??