The Ace of Swords! The Ace of Swords!

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

The Ace of Swords! The Ace of Swords!

Post by Spoonweaver »

This. Game. Has. Style!
I remember talking about this game a while back when it first hit the site. My biggest problem with the game, which remains my biggest problems, is the huge disservice Jamjamin is doing for his/her game by not including any screenshots on the game page. I mean the only way to could do less marketing for your game would be to not even upload it. But I don't want to get into a big marketing rant here.

This game has some of the best graphics I've seen in an OHR game. There are some parts that seem a bit rough, but overall not only do the graphics in this game far out perform most ohr games, they have a style to them that puts them over the top. The various little details you can find around the place are equally as incredible. If I had to say something bad about the graphics, I would say that some of the color choices are a bit too jarring, even though that's clearly the point in most cases.

With all that said, it's sad to say that the fun stops there. There's almost zero else going on in this game past the graphics. Large empty "dungeons" full of a very limited pool of bad guys. Unfinished areas, scattered plot points, and overall unfun experience. If you're looking to play this game, don't expect much past the initial "whoa" moment when you see the graphics. You might be better off just finding screenshots for the game, which might be why Jamjamin didn't include any, because then there would be zero reasons to play the game itself.
Attachments
I think the crystal is suppose to be powering the TV's.
I think the crystal is suppose to be powering the TV's.
beebee0001.png (23.9 KiB) Viewed 1674 times