Review: Project Caterpillar

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Review: Project Caterpillar

Post by Spoonweaver »

Project Caterpillar, I remember playing this a while back and it basically coming off as a throw away game. However, the review contest has deemed it worthy enough to not be placed into the discard pile, so I shall give it another shot.

The game starts off with some witty intros to characters that all look pretty similar. Then I walk around and talk to the various people to form my team. I talked the guy on the left first and it seems the game wasn't expecting that, because it says that he's left to take up the rear. Oh well, it was a bit amusing in any case. And that's what I'm getting from this so far, this is an amazing little game that may just entertain me for a short while.

Moving on we get to what I can only describe as a spoiler, though if you're at all in touch with pop culture you may have seen this coming. I amused myself a bit by walking around in circles before collecting the apples. Walking around in caterpillar mode is half the fun of the game you see. Then came the combat, which is where the game really shines. ( if you can call it that) The combat is set up in a way that I feel if the player hasn't seen or heard of the movie this is roughly based on, they might not understand what to do. However, I figured it out pretty quick and was delighted to see the battle set up so well.

After that, the game ended. I'd say too bad, but I it's for the best. Would not recommend.
4/10
Attachments
PiT5FoQ.png
PiT5FoQ.png (7.89 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Sat May 10, 2014 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.