As individuals, to review every game released in 2013. (But it's still okay to contribute less than that!)
* Write a review for each game!
* Try to make each review at least 3 paragraphs long! But if you can't, that's okay!
* Post a link to (or the review itself) in this thread!
* Do it for every game on the list before June 30th, 2014.
* It's okay to post reviews you wrote before this contest started! As long as it covers the latest version of the game as of 2013.
* Except in cases of reviews you wrote before the contest started, PLEASE try to make a post in this thread for EACH review you write instead of compiling several into a single post. People primarily look at this thread to check for new reviews, and can miss them when posted primarily in other spots. Make the contest feel alive! Make it easy for people to comment on new reviews as they get made!
Check out 2011's thread and 2012's thread for an idea of how this goes.
Your own satisfaction for a job well done, and a warm glow from helping other people.
Can't decide which game to choose?
THEN SPIN... THE WHEEL!
Q: I've never written a review before / I'm bad at writing! I shouldn't enter, right?
A: WRONG. Authors aren't necessarily looking for exhaustive critiques of their games. They're looking for feedback! Having only English Major reviewers with 20-page reviews as the only piece of feedback received makes authors feel like no one else is even playing their game.
Q: I have months to write these things! Whoooo! Time to forget about this for months!
A: There are THIRTY FIVE GAMES released this year. And some of them are really long! If you want to take a decent chunk of reviews out you need to start playing NOW. So set aside your laziness, and start to reminiscence on 2013 before it's too late.
Q: Do I have to review my own games?
A: Yes! Most authors go for a "director's commentary" style for their own games, but the exact format that you review your own work in is up to you.
List of 2013 Games
ace of swords [Gizmog1] [Charbile] [Spoonweaver]
Alice Is Trapped [Gizmog1] [Charbile] [Spoonweaver]
Anica [crowtongue] [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Back to Basics Collection 1: Save the Princess [crowtongue] [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Bloodlust v 1.2 [Spoonweaver] [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Bob the Hamster in the Crypt of Baconthulhu [Meowskivich] [Charbile] [Gizmog1]
C. Kane [Spoonweaver] [Gizmog1] [Meatballsub] [Charbile]
Cat in Box [Spoonweaver] [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Double Pumping [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Entrepreneur: The Beginning [Spoonweaver] [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Ep1cQuest - Proem Pack [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
FoolsQuest against the All-Seeing-Eye [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Gomie's Christmas Surprise! [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Jumpman [Spoonweaver] [Charbile] [Gizmog1]
LASERTAG [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Meh 2.0 [Fenrir] [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Motrya (Chapter Two) [Meatballsub] [Spoonweaver] [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Ninja Noah's Zombie Planets [Meatballsub] [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
NPC Life [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Project Catapillar [Spoonweaver] [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Questicle [Spoonweaver] [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Return to Airia (Demo Only) [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Scare Spree [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Space Robot [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Spooky Times [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Stenmele Osmium v4 [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Stone Wings [Meatballsub] [Gizmog1] [Spoonweaver] [Charbile]
The Absolute [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
The Dungeons of Koh-Lah'B [Charbile] [Gizmog1]
TheSuperAmazingBlueBallGame [Meowskivich] [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Time and Time Again [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Timmy's Maze [Spoonweaver] [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Undeadliest [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Unofficial 2013 Great Review Contest Random Game Chooser [Fenrir] [Charbile] [Gizmog1] [Spoonweaver]
Woryurs of Woberyun [Gizmog1] [Charbile]
Games that are deemed too short, too shallow, not a game/entertainment, or to have too little new content for the year. Review at your own risk. (This category can be contested)
Gizchiro's Random Collab
Monster Game - Tech Demo
Stampo! (Version 1.0)
The Fix-it Machine
* Was either released in 2013 or had a major update in 2013 (a major update is an update which contains significant new content rather than just bug fixes). This rule is more lenient when the game is old enough that it hasn't been in a review contest before.
* Is not a tool or example.
* Certain 2012 games that were updated in 2013 weren't included this year because of holding the 2012 review contest late in the year.
HALL OF FAME (Reviewers who have completed the challenge)
Charts n' graphs
Can the community raise the bar?!
Gizmog1: 35 [Completed May 28th, 2014]
Charbile: 35 [Completed May 31st, 2014]