2012 In Review 033 - Kinvesard

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

2012 In Review 033 - Kinvesard

Post by Gizmog »

Pre-Thoughts:

I had been thinking this was another loooooooong slime Spoony RPG, but according to the description it is "pretty unfinished" and features "one very short dungeon", so I'm liking the sounds of that. Better to leave 'em wanting more. I also understand there's some kind of customization system involved, and I really like the sounds of that.

Thoughts-During:

Semi-3D Look is cool. Also liked the healer getting the whole party a +1 to defense.

Rogue disarmed a trap, bitchin

After-Thoughts:

Well, I'm wanting more. What's here is a very nice demo, but it doesn't take hardly any time at all to win. I knew that going in, so it's a testament to the games goodness that I still feel disappointed about it.

You choose your party, from a list of races then a list of classes. It'd be nice if you could back out of the class select screen to choose a different race. My party was two fighter,s a rogue and a healer and it worked out pretty nicely. Didn't have to change my strategy through any of the battles, that could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Were some standard RPG tropes, monsters hiding in boxes, switches to be flipped, doors to be unlocked. Roaches to fight, slimes to fight, spiders to fight, bats to fight. No real surprises to be had. No real story to be had. I wouldn't recommend it at this point in time, unless you really want to see a custom party system. It's just too short of a demo to satisfy your hunger. It'll be great when it's finished.
Attachments
It's that kind of game.
It's that kind of game.
Kinvesard0015.png (8.51 KiB) Viewed 1889 times
This is a cool mechanic.. but the walkabouts look kinda goofy.
This is a cool mechanic.. but the walkabouts look kinda goofy.
Kinvesard0005.png (5.26 KiB) Viewed 1889 times
Nice piece of work
Nice piece of work
Kinvesard0002.png (4.31 KiB) Viewed 1889 times
Sparkly!
Sparkly!
Kinvesard0000.png (5.84 KiB) Viewed 1889 times