Review - The Death of Von Stabbingmore

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Review - The Death of Von Stabbingmore

Post by JSH357 »

Game #5: The Death of Von Stabbingmore

It's really hard for me to evaluate something like this. Von Stabbingmore is a great game for what it is and does everything it was trying to do, but it's so short and on rails that there's ultimately not a lot to say. That said, it's worth playing for any OHR developer.

The main gimmick of the game is that it has a funky battle system. You must win a duel with Von Stabbingmore through wit and cleverness instead of brute force, which is something I like to see. The game makes clever use of transmogrification to create its unusual battles, and James made tall walkabout sprites using slices just to make us feel even less worthy. It's a game that looks good, runs well, and has a great sense of humor.

It's a shame that a game this neat is reserved to the same pit of forgetfulness as tech demos and other solid contest entries. There's not enough meat to chew to really escape that fate. What's here is good, though, and worthy of examination to understand how it performs its tricks.

3/5
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I really enjoyed watching your playthrough. You laughed at most of my jokes, and that made me smile :)

I am glad you liked the mumbling "voice" acting. I am doing the same for all of Wandering Hamster