Game of the Month: August 2013

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Game of the Month September 2013

Poll ended at Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Walthrus
50%
Surf's Up Yuk
8%
Gerania
8%
Jailbreak
8%
Blasphemous Saga Fantasy
17%
Homeward Bound: The Account of Duck Duck
8%

Total votes: 12

Mogri
Super Slime

Game of the Month: August 2013

Post by Mogri »

In clear defiance of long-running tradition, Okédoké: La Leyenda Mexicana is August's game of the month. It takes a proud spot on the front page.

Vote for September and nominate for October. The nominating part is important, too! Here's the list of previous winners, which is also a fantastic pool from which to draw your Top 15 votes.
Attack Fish Chronicles Volume I: The Omega
Batman & Robin
Bell of Chaos
Bloodlust v 1.1
Bob the Hamster in the Crypt of Baconthulhu
Bufanda: A Tale of Three Ghosts
Castle on the Night Land
Clam Digger
Do You Want to Be a Hero?
DON'T EAT SOAP! An Educational Game Starring Bob t...
Dreadful Occupant
Dreg Sector: The Tract
Duck
DUNGEONMEN: Men of Dungeons
Escape the Wolf: OHR
Heart of the OHR Tribute
Horse Game
Jumpman
KING OF GOURMET: FEAST FOR YOUR LIFE
Maze of the Red Mage
Motrya
My Little Gahn
Okédoké: La Leyenda Mexicana
Ruin - 25% Demo
SLIMES!
Spellshard: The Black Crown of Horgoth
Sword of Jade: Parallel Dreams
Tales of the New World I
The Death of Von Stabbingmore
The K'hyurbhi Lands
The Wizard's Bomb
Tim-Tim "The Mighty Gnome"
Time and Time Again
Vampire's Curse
Walthros
Wandering Hamster
Who Killed Dinosaur Giant?
Last edited by Mogri on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I see that the special characters have decided to break the page, too. That's nice.

Let's see if it's an easy fix.

Update: It was a pretty easy fix.
Last edited by Mogri on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Had to vote for the only game I actually remember playing, which also happens to be one I liked.

Wait, on second thought I also played Surf's Up Yuk, but didn't like it nearly as much as Walthrus.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Wow, never saw that one coming. Congrats on breaking the streak, Okedoke. (I still don't know how to do special characters online without typing them in Word first and hoping they translate in the copy/paste.)

Village People: The Video Game hasn't been Game of the Month yet? Has it been withdrawn for consideration? I nominate that if it's in the running.

Also, in honor of Nathan Karr's valiant return, I nominate Maces Wild.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I second Village People.
marionline
Metal Slime

Post by marionline »

Can I suggest the game Edo to be voted for next month?
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

Wow, never saw that one coming. Congrats on breaking the streak, Okedoke. (I still don't know how to do special characters online without typing them in Word first and hoping they translate in the copy/paste.)
ALT+0233 and ALT+130 both make é, assuming you're using some form of Windows. I'm not sure how to do it (or if it's even different) on a Mac.

I know ALT+164 makes an ñ also, though I can't remember the 4-digit version of that one. (I'm not 100% sure why, but I seem to remember the 4-digit ones being more compatible with different browsers and such than the 3-digit ones.)
FYS:AHS -- Working on Yagziknian NPC walkabout sprites
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

FnrrfYgmSchnish wrote:ALT+0233 and ALT+130 both make é, assuming you're using some form of Windows. I'm not sure how to do it (or if it's even different) on a Mac.

I know ALT+164 makes an ñ also, though I can't remember the 4-digit version of that one.
Those commands all do nothing for me, and I'm running Windows XP.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Pepsi Ranger wrote:Village People: The Video Game hasn't been Game of the Month yet? Has it been withdrawn for consideration? I nominate that if it's in the running
I didn't want it up there until I'd released a more complete version but at this rate who knows if that will ever happen, so I withdrawn my withdrawing, vote if you please bros.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I was feeling the same way about Maces Wild, but I don't think I ever said anything about that and similarly I no longer think it matters - I don't think I'm going to finish it. :(
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Nathan Karr wrote:I was feeling the same way about Maces Wild, but I don't think I ever said anything about that and similarly I no longer think it matters - I don't think I'm going to finish it. Sad
I think Heart of the OHR 2014 is asking you for a different fate for Maces Wild. Just saying.
Wobbler wrote:I didn't want it up there until I'd released a more complete version but at this rate who knows if that will ever happen, so I withdrawn my withdrawing, vote if you please bros.
Heart of the OHR 2014 also demands a new section from the Village People, while we're on the subject. ;)

EDIT: It's strictly coincidence that I've nominated these two games at the same time. I just now remembered that Maces Wild was once regarded as being quite similar to Village People. Similarity doesn't matter, both are good games.
Last edited by Pepsi Ranger on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

Those commands all do nothing for me, and I'm running Windows XP.
Weird. I know they work on Windows XP, the computer I used most often had XP up until a couple years ago when I got my laptop.

Oh, just remembered: you have to use the number-pad numbers to get these things to work (...which sucks if you happen to have a laptop with one of those tiny little runt keyboards that leaves them out.) Were you using the ones above the letters on the keyboard instead? If so, that would explain them not working.
FYS:AHS -- Working on Yagziknian NPC walkabout sprites
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

I second Edo. Let's kick this slime old school.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

FnrrfYgmSchnish wrote:
ALT+0233 and ALT+130 both make é, assuming you're using some form of Windows. I'm not sure how to do it (or if it's even different) on a Mac.

I know ALT+164 makes an ñ also, though I can't remember the 4-digit version of that one. (I'm not 100% sure why, but I seem to remember the 4-digit ones being more compatible with different browsers and such than the 3-digit ones.)
  ▲
▲ ▲