Game of the Month: May 2013

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

Game of the Month: May 2013

Post by Mogri »

Sword of Jade: Parallel Dreams is the featured game for May. No one bothered nominating for June, so you'll have to be satisfied with Time and Time Again, winner of the random collab contest.

SERIOUSLY, THOUGH: Nominate something for July.
Attack Fish Chronicles Volume I: The Omega
Batman & Robin
Bell of Chaos
Bloodlust v 1.1
Bob the Hamster in the Crypt of Baconthulhu
Bufanda: A Tale of Three Ghosts
Castle on the Night Land
Clam Digger
Do You Want to Be a Hero?
DON'T EAT SOAP! An Educational Game Starring Bob t...
Dreadful Occupant
Dreg Sector: The Tract
Duck
DUNGEONMEN: Men of Dungeons
Escape the Wolf: OHR
Heart of the OHR Tribute
Jumpman
KING OF GOURMET: FEAST FOR YOUR LIFE
Maze of the Red Mage
Motrya
My Little Gahn
Ruin - 25% Demo
SLIMES!
Spellshard: The Black Crown of Horgoth
Sword of Jade: Parallel Dreams
Tales of the New World I
The Death of Von Stabbingmore
The K'hyurbhi Lands
The Wizard's Bomb
Tim-Tim "The Mighty Gnome"
Vampire's Curse
Walthros
Wandering Hamster
Who Killed Dinosaur Giant?
Chronoboy
Slime Knight

Re: Game of the Month: May 2013

Post by Chronoboy »

Mogri wrote:Sword of Jade: Parallel Dreams is the featured game for May. No one bothered nominating for June, so you'll have to be satisfied with Time and Time Again, winner of the random collab contest.

SERIOUSLY, THOUGH: Nominate something for July.
But it's not even July yet, so how to we nominate games which don't exist? Same with June, how do you choose the game of a month for a month which has yet to pass? I think I'm a little confused about the Game of the Month.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

I NOMINATE THE GRINCH!

I haven't played any ohr games recently, has OHRadius been done yet? I'm too lazy to look.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Re: Game of the Month: May 2013

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Chronoboy wrote: But it's not even July yet, so how to we nominate games which don't exist? Same with June, how do you choose the game of a month for a month which has yet to pass? I think I'm a little confused about the Game of the Month.
Game Of The Month means that a game will be featured and celebrated on the front page of slime salad. It does not matter which month the game was released in. :)
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

The game of the month is not the best game to come out that month. That would be both impossible and terrible to do. Impossible because there are lots of months with no new OHR games. Terrible because sometimes the only games to come out in a month are terrible and putting them on the front page would make the OHR look terrible.

The game of the month is game that we decide to focus on for a month because we feel it deserves some extra recognition.

All that said:
Entrepreneur: The Beginning
Tightfloss Maiden
Horse Game
Genesis
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Spoonweaver wrote:Entrepreneur: The Beginning
Tightfloss Maiden
One or both of those was vetoed by Pepsi.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Both were. But I'll concede Entrepreneur after the next update is released (well, after the v1.3 update more likely). I'd like to get a couple more chapters finished before I concede Tightfloss Maiden.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I'll nominate:

OHR House Heroes
Fat Frog the Movie
Batman & Robin
Chronoboy
Slime Knight

Post by Chronoboy »

I nominate Gerania, I recently tried this game out, and so far it seems very promising. The graphics are very polished, the story seems well thought out, and a nice quick intro, not too much intro backstory. The characters and backstories are introduced Illusion of Gaia style, which I quite like.

I am not entirely sure if this game is hosted on Slime Salad though... Which I believe is one of the requirements for a Game of the Month. Someone really needs to cross reference both sites with some spiffy coding, or have a more centralized game list with a sweet API to access the games available. Just a thought... I think way too much.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Chronoboy wrote:Someone really needs to cross reference both sites with some spiffy coding, or have a more centralized game list with a sweet API to access the games available. Just a thought... I think way too much.
Actually a centralized list was made at one point under the name "The Hamster Wheel". It went offline, due to the host's personal reasons though. I myself actually had plans to make a centralized list under the title OHR Arcade, but never really got around to it.
It's not a bad idea but without a large amount of time, and even some resources, devoted to the project there's really no point in doing it.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Tue May 07, 2013 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chronoboy
Slime Knight

Post by Chronoboy »

Spoonweaver wrote:
Chronoboy wrote:Someone really needs to cross reference both sites with some spiffy coding, or have a more centralized game list with a sweet API to access the games available. Just a thought... I think way too much.
Actually a centralized list was made at one point under the name "The Hamster Wheel". It went offline, due to the host's personal reasons though. I myself actually had plans to make a centralized list under the title OHR Arcade, but never really got around to it.
It's not a bad idea but without a large amount of time, and even some resources, devoted to the project there's really no point in doing it.
I built a gamelist a few years back, but due to a technical issue at the time, it broke and I never did put it back online. I am thinking I might attempt to create a new one, but with more of the communities input this time, to see what the community would like to see out of such a list. I'd personally love a categorized list, where each submission is placed into a category, like 8-bit, and such. Then a genre as well, so you can easily say filter games with a unique style which are only RPG/Horror. This would make navigating and finding new games to play so much easier.

After I release my current game, I'll go ahead and create a new thread for gamelist ideas. If I were to create anything, I would want it to be something that everyone would find useful. An API, so that Slime Salad can access the game data would also be nice too. This way, it can easily grab information along with a screenshot for the game of the month.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Slime Salad's gamelist already has an outward-facing interface. It's just not publicized. James uses it to maintain a mirror.
Chronoboy
Slime Knight

Post by Chronoboy »

Mogri wrote:Slime Salad's gamelist already has an outward-facing interface. It's just not publicized. James uses it to maintain a mirror.
Can it feed in games from an other gamelist, such as the one at Castle Paradox? That gamelist even existed when I first used OHR back in 2001. It's the mother of all gamelist's.

I'd love to see all the game lists we currently have consolidated into a single easy to use and navigate list. I'm not sure how many games are on Castle Paradox, or how much longer Castle Paradox will be alive(considering the forums have been dead lately). It would be very sad to lose all the games added there.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

The great list of Slime Paradox?

I never went to CP for anything more than a couple of downloads was all, I like SS here better, feel less sketchy, imo.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Chronoboy
Slime Knight

Post by Chronoboy »

Meowskivich wrote:I never went to CP for anything more than a couple of downloads was all, I like SS here better, feel less sketchy, imo.
Yeah, I agree Castle Paradox does feel kinda sketchy, like an underground site for pirated games. I think it's the uber low contrasts that makes it feel that way.