Post new topic    
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  »
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
2013-04-10 Beelzebufo stable release 
 PostWed Apr 10, 2013 8:51 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
After much delay, the beelzebufo release is finally ready for download! Bask your self in the warm glow of an optional Turn-Based battle mode, more customizable hero attack menus, some nifty map editor improvements such as the ability to mark and clone sections of tilemap, and an assortment of other bugfixes and new features. See whatsnew.txt for the complete skinny.

If you have been testing nightlies, you will have already seen what is new, but here are a few screenshots:

Here are few screenshots of new things:

Super Slime
Send private message
Re: 2013-04-10 Beelzebufo stable release 
 PostWed Apr 10, 2013 9:56 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Bob the Hamster wrote:


That is great. Long time coming on that one.

Is there any documentation on the changed attack interface?
Mega Tact v1.1
Super Penguin Chef
Wizard Blocks
A Scrambled Egg
Send private message
 
 PostWed Apr 10, 2013 10:10 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
So many good additions, thanks a lot bro. It's time for me to get back into the game. Which menu do I go into to mess with this stuff? "Stats can be hidden for a hero. This prevents them from appearing on the Status and Equip menus."
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
Re: 2013-04-10 Beelzebufo stable release 
 PostWed Apr 10, 2013 10:21 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Mogri wrote:
Is there any documentation on the changed attack interface?


Just the F1 docs

The Wobbler wrote:
So many good additions, thanks a lot bro. It's time for me to get back into the game. Which menu do I go into to mess with this stuff? "Stats can be hidden for a hero. This prevents them from appearing on the Status and Equip menus."


In the Hero Editor, go to Edit Stats->Stat Visibility

You have to do it for each hero. There isn't a way to hide a stat globally for all heroes yet.

EDIT: also, one cool thing I forgot to mention is select-by-typing. TMC worked hard on it! Many menus now allow you to just start typing the name of a menu item, and the selection will jump to the first match. (Naturally this does not work if you are currently selecting a field that is edited by typing)
Blubber Bloat
Send private message
 
 PostWed Apr 10, 2013 11:22 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Yay! in other news, I don't really have time to do the tutorial vids no mo. :/
That, and I still haven't figured out how to make windows 8 record right.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x V
A Scrambled Egg
Send private message
Re: 2013-04-10 Beelzebufo stable release 
 PostThu Apr 11, 2013 12:39 am
Send private message Reply with quote
Bob the Hamster wrote:
In the Hero Editor, go to Edit Stats->Stat Visibility

You have to do it for each hero. There isn't a way to hide a stat globally for all heroes yet.

That's actually perfect, thanks!
Super Walrus Land: Mouth Words Edition
Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostThu Apr 11, 2013 2:41 am
Send private message Reply with quote
I'm really pleased that we finally got this release out of the door. Originally slated for late 2012, the release date have been "a week or two from now" for two months.

The new attack interface is meant to be self-documenting. What's changed is that some things got shifted to different menus, damage settings don't appear if they don't apply, and there is a preview of the complete damage formula specified by the attack settings. Oh, and the attack base stat can now take new values -- that's the only new part.

select-by-typing is only half finished; it doesn't work in most menus. I'll be finishing it up shortly.
Blubber Bloat
Send private message
Re: 2013-04-10 Beelzebufo stable release 
 PostThu Apr 11, 2013 12:27 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
The Wobbler wrote:
Bob the Hamster wrote:
In the Hero Editor, go to Edit Stats->Stat Visibility

You have to do it for each hero. There isn't a way to hide a stat globally for all heroes yet.

That's actually perfect, thanks!

I've been using this in Merciful Mungbeans myself, actually. Hiding the MP~ and Ctr stats, as well as Extra Hits. Only one character uses the Ctr stat, so it's shown for him alone.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x V
Slime
Send private message
 
 PostFri Apr 12, 2013 12:48 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
When you press "+" on the numpad inside the layer editor the program crashes, or at least says it will. Layermenu resetpt broken it says. Sad
I have another question: Is it possible by now to import an entire map, or better a map layer, other than manually painting in every tile from left to right over 6 rows?
Slime Knight
Send private message
 
 PostFri Apr 12, 2013 5:27 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
I was unable to reproduce that layer editor crash.

I also just wanted to express how great this new version is. TMC suggested I switch to a nightly when I was getting help.

Since then.. I use the optional turn based battles, the cloning, the turn based delay on attacks, the customizable battle menus, copying attacks when creating new ones, hiding stats for heros in the status and equip menus...

I didn't even read the changelog until now so I didn't know I was using new features.

So thank you!
Liquid Metal Slime
Send private message
 
 PostFri Apr 12, 2013 8:57 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
I don't know how fast this version (and the last two before it) seems to move the cursor around in tile mode for everyone else, but I find that I'm constantly jumping over my intended tile by one and having to "tap" the key in order to land on the correct tile whenever I'm selecting tiles for the map. Does Custom have some built-in lightning selection speed, or is my computer just mysteriously faster than it used to be? If it's an issue with Custom's cursor naturally moving too quickly, might I ask that we slow it down a hair for the C release, or go a step further and include selection speed as an option for Custom for those who don't think it's yet fast enough? It would make the user-interface so much better in my opinion.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Liquid Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostFri Apr 12, 2013 9:06 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
Pepsi Ranger wrote:
I don't know how fast this version (and the last two before it) seems to move the cursor around in tile mode for everyone else, but I find that I'm constantly jumping over my intended tile by one and having to "tap" the key in order to land on the correct tile whenever I'm selecting tiles for the map. Does Custom have some built-in lightning selection speed, or is my computer just mysteriously faster than it used to be? If it's an issue with Custom's cursor naturally moving too quickly, might I ask that we slow it down a hair for the C release, or go a step further and include selection speed as an option for Custom for those who don't think it's yet fast enough? It would make the user-interface so much better in my opinion.


I am confused. Is this a keyboard problem or a mouse problem?

Also, does the same thing happen if you run with the SDL backend?
Code:
custom.exe -gfx sdl
Metal King Slime
Send private message
 
 PostSat Apr 13, 2013 4:24 am
Send private message Reply with quote
score100 wrote:
When you press "+" on the numpad inside the layer editor the program crashes, or at least says it will. Layermenu resetpt broken it says. :(


Whoops. This happens when you press + when no layer is selected. The error message is harmless, you can ignore it. However I feel this is something that should be fixed in a Beelzebufo+1 release (we'll surely have some other bugfixes too). Also by coincidence I was planning to change the way that adding layers works today anyway, to allow copying map layers and hopefully to make that menu a little less confusing.

score100 wrote:
I have another question: Is it possible by now to import an entire map, or better a map layer, other than manually painting in every tile from left to right over 6 rows?


I don't understand the question. Import it from what? Import a map or map layer which has been exported from another game, or another map in the same game? Also I don't know what you mean by "6 rows". 6 map layers?

Pepsi Ranger wrote:
I don't know how fast this version (and the last two before it) seems to move the cursor around in tile mode for everyone else, but I find that I'm constantly jumping over my intended tile by one and having to "tap" the key in order to land on the correct tile whenever I'm selecting tiles for the map.


What do you mean by tile mode? The tile-from-tileset picker you get when you press Enter in the tilemap editor? If so, yes, I actually agree that it's too fast. I'll make the key delay the same as it is in the tileset editor.

An option to customise key repeat rate is also planned.
Slime Knight
Send private message
 
 PostSat Apr 13, 2013 6:37 am
Send private message Reply with quote
I have to say that in turn-based mode, jumping attacks can be really awkward. Whenever an enemy jumps, after every other character has taken their turn, you have to wait a few seconds before the jumping enemy finally lands, and it all happens in one turn, instead of spread throughout turns like active time mode would imply. And if you targeted that jumping enemy and he jumps before you can attack due to him being faster than you, you can't attack anything, you have to wait, then you take damage, effectively wasting a turn.
Blubber Bloat
Send private message
 
 PostSat Apr 13, 2013 1:49 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
add a delay to land, it should make it wait a turn.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x V
Display posts from previous:
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  »