Hamster Burrow Monthly Roundup - February

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Even if no one is doing anything with or for it, it would be nice for someone to maintain it. I even maintain the Work for Hire thread, and very few people ever acknowledge it's existence, so... yeah. I dunno, I'm on fewish hours of sleep, so I don't know what I'm rambling on about, all I do know is that I have given the cube stuff in the past and SS private message thing says he's not even seen them yet, so he simply either:

A - died, which I hope not
B - was whisked away to the 9th dimension to fight the giant monkeyman
or H - bleu berry pamcakes.

nYeH hEh HeH, tOaSt!
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Seriously tempted to bring the Hamster Wheel back but not make any promises regarding content this time around.

Would just start out as a OHR review/preview/interview hub for the time being with the possibility of it branching out further later on.

I wonder if James still has those old Hamster Wheel graphics he kindly made for me...
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

You guys do know that Cube's email address is right there on the blog, right?
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Yes, but they made it sound like he wasn't responding to anything including email. Just spitballin' anyways.

I'll give it a shot though.
Last edited by Meatballsub on Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Meowskivich wrote:all I do know is that I have given the cube stuff in the past and SS private message thing says he's not even seen them yet
Don't forget that (last I checked) the forum doesn't send people email when they receive a PM, so it's sometimes taken me over a month to notice PMs.
Meatballsub wrote:Seriously tempted to bring the Hamster Wheel back but not make any promises regarding content this time around.
Why, do you still have any of the original site?
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

I don't, but it wouldn't be too terribly difficult to bring it back from scratch. The way the first site was written was pretty crude, and I'd do a better job of handling that this time around.
Chronoboy
Slime Knight

Post by Chronoboy »

If people are interested, I could build a similar system into the website I am trying to find time to build... I would be a fairly easy to place in a "community newsletter" system, it will be database backed, so contributors could enter in their content via a web-based interface as an author, then someone else, either myself or someone else who is interested in being the editor could slap it all together into a nicely formed monthly newsletter.

... All things considering, a monthly newsletter system is much easier to build than the download site ...

I have a web development project I am currently working on that is due by the 22nd, so unless I can finish it today, work on this won't continue/begin until after I complete this project.

I haven't forgotten about my game and the website, it's just finding the time lately to get them done.