Let's Play: Super Penguin Chef

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Let's Play: Super Penguin Chef

Post by Spoonweaver »

So, I've taken it upon myself to play all the Heart of the OHR games and record myself and my girlfriend doing so. Since this is the first game I did, it's review gets this intro.

Anyways, the game was pretty good. The graphics were pretty simple looking, but they worked. Though, the chickendome area effect was awful to look at. The sounds seemed ok. I didn't really notice them so I guess they were only so so. Pretty normal stuff there. The game seemed a bit story heavy. Being an RPG one would assume as much, so it's not really a bad thing.

The game play was interesting. It was basically 2 games rolled together in one. You have an rpg game were your characters have to go out and fight monsters, but you also have a cooking game that involves choosing ingredient combos to make different dishes. An interesting concept to be sure.

Overall, the game was ok. I'd give it a 7/10.

Now, for the list of let's play videos.
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Last edited by Spoonweaver on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Your F4s kill me.

(edit) "There usually is something like that [that takes you back to town], but I don't know where it is" hahaha

Pretty good review overall. Not surprising that you didn't read all the text. Even less surprising that you didn't do well as a result. :hurr:

I did notice some glaring bugs watching this; most noticeably, the ingredient list for a failed recipe contains junk strings.
Last edited by Mogri on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.