HamsterSpeak 62 Online

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

HamsterSpeak 62 Online

Post by The Wobbler »

http://superwalrusland.com/ohr/issue62/cover.html

The Salom Contest results are here! More Sky Flyers, comic art, a retrospective, and a word from James about features in the next stable OHR Engine release.

Please read the Letter from the Editor.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Whew! I thought you were going to announce its cancellation. This is a good move, I think.
Stewitus P.
Slime Knight

Post by Stewitus P. »

Aww, the hiatus makes me sad. But the promise of a kickslime OHR update has made me happy once more.
—- So anyway, how are you?
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

For anyone wondering why there needs to be a hiatus: Look at the number of replies here.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

oh, don't be like that surlaw.
I would offer to do some writing or something for the mag, but I don't know what I'd write (or if I'd have time for whatever it would be).
If you want response, I can give response.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

The whole purpose of posting on the forums instead of just leaving it on its own site is to encourage discussion, almost no one wants to discuss anything in the last year or so of issues in addition to it being extremely hard to find anyone willing to write at all.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Well, whatCHA need written? I could do something small for sure if ya need, and perhaps something a tad big if the subject is right.

I suppose we have 6 months to discuss this now.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

There is always a running list of newly released games that need reviews here http://www.superwalrusland.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

And aside from that reviews of any old game are good as long as something interesting or funny or educating is said. It doesn't matter if it's already been reviewed or not. If you play any OHR game and feel like saying something about it, say something. Previews of your own game are good. Art of anything OHR related is good.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Surlaw wrote:Previews of your own game are good.
Oh gosh, more opportunity for self-promotion. XD
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Yes, previews are always welcome whether it's just text or has screenshots or just drawn art and even if the game's never coming out at all!
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Not even if it'll ever come out? Sounds like a fun April Fools prank. Sorta like what they did with the Legend of Zelda movie, building up excitement and everything for a long period of time, and on the day it's said to be released!...APRIL FOOLS! XD

Gotta say though, that preview was pretty sweet.

I can try to think of something to slap onto your magazine here, I suppose. I don't know what yet, but I've got 6 months to figure it out.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

The final issue before the break is mid-July.

I'd say well over half of the games that have shown up in our Previews section were abandoned shortly after. That doesn't mean they were submitted as a joke, it means no one ever finishes anything.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

So you want a game preview now-ish or something? Because I can do that.

Bragging about my game and getting any sort of praise or recognition for it certainly gets me pumped up to work on it, and I kinda need a strong dose of that sort of encouragement lately...

Just, when would you need it by?
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Hmm. I think it's about time I'd made a reminiscent review and preview of the Doom RPG / AKA Evil Unleashed.

The one-year mark of its development is fast approaching, and it'd probably be a good way to re-hype the audience it has so far, and be able to gain new support for it as well.

It'll most likely include:

-Pics of when I began work, including sketches of what I thought the new armor design should have been, before I worked on the OHR.

-Interviews and conversations with (former) ID Software member, and Doom's original mapper / storywriter, Tom Hall.

-Pictures of development, and commentary of why and how I mapped the way I did.

-Statements regarding the help I've been given during the course of this project, and thanks to those that have helped me.

-Information about the future of the game, and an updated storyline with bonus expanded intro, filling in points of what happened during the game's introduction, and before the moment the Anomaly Gateway opened.

... in other words, I'll be writing quite the lengthy report on the game. If nothing else, I'll also make a good Cover for this issue.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

As long as I get articles for the final pre-break issue before July 13th that works. It can be long or short, whatever works best for the game it is.
thespazztikone wrote:... in other words, I'll be writing quite the lengthy report on the game. If nothing else, I'll also make a good Cover for this issue.
I'm working on a cover already but I'll happily use anything you draw in the Art section or, if you prefer, hold it and use it as a cover after the come back.
Last edited by The Wobbler on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.