Heart of the OHR Contest 2012

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I have a thought about the unlimited shop problem in Willy Elektrix's game.

shop inventory limit data is stored in the saved games, so if you start playing, save your game, and then change the shop in custom, reloading from an old save will be using obsolete shop limits

Willy Elektrix, if you start from the beginning of the game, instead of playing from a save, do you see the problem then?
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Momoka wrote:So, who ultimately won the dungeon subcontest? I did promise prises, and I don't want to be backing out of them.
Which is why it should be it's own contest :p
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

sorry
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Bob the Hamster wrote:Willy Elektrix, if you start from the beginning of the game, instead of playing from a save, do you see the problem then?
That's not the problem. The stock amounts are all correct when I view them in the Shop Editor in a nightly, but they are infinite in-game. Actually, I thought I saw one shop without infinite stock.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:
Bob the Hamster wrote:Willy Elektrix, if you start from the beginning of the game, instead of playing from a save, do you see the problem then?
That's not the problem. The stock amounts are all correct when I view them in the Shop Editor in a nightly, but they are infinite in-game. Actually, I thought I saw one shop without infinite stock.
I'm working on a new version of this game, so I would love to get this problem resolved!

I can't find any evidence of the infinite shop bugs. I would like to clarify a few things to make sure everyone is on the same page.

1) Each of the traders has 12 items. 3 of the items have 10 in stock. 6 of the items have 5 in stock. 3 of the items have infinite in stock. Considering this, each trader will have some items that are infinite, but not every item.

2) I am currently working in OHRRPGCE Z-version. With that version of game.exe, I am unable to duplicate the infinite shop bug under any circumstances.

Thanks for your help TMC and James.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

James fixed the infinite shop stock bug two weeks ago. It had been present since (and including) Zenzizenzic. It affected shops only on the second attempt at the game and onwards (either quitting to the title screen and restarting, or loading a save in the middle of a game). It made all the stocks for shops in Dreg Tract infinite.
Last edited by TMC on Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:James fixed the infinite shop stock bug two weeks ago. It had been present since (and including) Zenzizenzic. It affected shops only on the second attempt at the game and onwards (either quitting to the title screen and restarting, or loading a save in the middle of a game). It made all the stocks for shops in Dreg Tract infinite.
Crap. I hate to switch engine versions in the middle of a project but I'll guess I have to now. Here's hoping I don't introduce a host of new bugs by updating to the new engine.

:(

In any case, thanks for your help in sorting this out!
Mystic
Metal Slime

Post by Mystic »

Hey guys.

I haven't forgotten about my prizes. I still need to finish up a couple of the games and finish writing my reviews for the rest, along with the final article detailing the winners.

Sorry if HotOHR is no longer on anyone's minds!

For news about my "sudden" disappearance, I made a thread here: http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewtop ... 9748#99748

:)