Work for Hire

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

retrobanana's request slapped up there

edit:
I think now is a good time to request a clean up of sorts.

IF YOU HAVE A REQUEST THAT YOU WANT TO STAY UP (other than banana, since it was just put there), LET ME KNOW HERE OR IN PM. PM WILL BE BETTER DIRECT TELLING BECAUSE I SOMETIMES MISS POSTS.
Last edited by Meowskivich on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Providing services as an artist. Need some SERIOUS help with mapping, however.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

you're offering your services? or are you asking for services?
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Both. I'm supplying work as an artist, AND asking for a mapper.
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by sheamkennedy »

thespazztikone wrote:Both. I'm supplying work as an artist, AND asking for a mapper.
What do you mean by mapping? When I think of mapping, I think of it as making art tile-by-tile. Or do you mean you want like a layout drawn, puzzles to be designed, and ideas for obstacles/events within a map?
⊕ P E R S O N A L M U S I C: https://open.spotify.com/album/6fEo3fCm5C3XhtFRflfANr
� C O L L A B M U S I C: https://dustpuppets.bandcamp.com/releases
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

The long needed clean up has occurred.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

I am looking for a graphics artist to collaborate on my next game. Development will start as soon as I have found the right person. The development time for the game will be approximately 6-8 months. Below are some details about what the game will actually be.

When completed, this game will be distributed for free on PC, Android, and OUYA. I cannot pay a graphics artist, but you will have a fine completed game for your portfolio that you can be proud of. I’ve had some success with my previous game Ramble Planet (currently 2500 downloads across various platforms), so you can have satisfaction knowing some people will probably play this and see your graphics.

Good work ethic is a must for this. If you do not have any time to work on the graphics, or think that you have any chance of getting bored and quitting, then this partnership won’t work out. I've finished nearly every game I've ever start, and I expect the same from an artist.

You would be expected to have the majority of the graphics done in 4 months. However, I am willing to give you a lot of freedom to create your own style and aesthetic. See the bottom of this post for details on the artist’s specific responsibilities.

Design Document for Void Crypt [Working Title]

***Premise:

You have been banished to the Void Crypt for crimes against the Prime Pharaoh. This labyrinthine space station dungeon hurtles through the endless Deep Void. It is populated by criminals and horrific Void Monsters. Can you defeat the Monster Goddess Ammit and escape through the Warp Door?

Void Crypt is a science fiction RPG dungeon crawl. The player controls a single hero.

***Dungeon:

The Void Crypt is a pyramid-shaped dungeon comprised of 36 single-screen rooms. It is divided into 3 areas, each with more difficult foes than the last. The player must collect a key and defeat a boss to progress to the next area.

Each room will somewhat unique and contain various puzzles and hidden objects. Although the number of rooms is small, there will be many challenges and secrets.

***System:

Battles will use the turn-based OHR battle system and will be very streamlined. Battles will only ever be against 1 monster at a time. Before a battle starts, the player may attempt to flee. Once a battle has begun the player will only be able to attack and use items.

There are 6 stats divided between Combat Stats and Exploration Stats. Combat stats only matter in battles. Exploration Stats have a marginal effect in battle, but mostly will be used to overcome certain obstacles in the dungeon. For instance, Strength might be required to break open a box or Dexterity to avoid a trap.

Combat Stats:
Attack: Damage of attacks.
Defense: Reduces damage.
Hit Points: Damage that can be taken before the hero dies.

Exploration Stats:
Strength: Marginally increases Attack and Defense.
Dexterity: Increases likelihood to flee battles.
Intelligence: Increases likelihood of enemies leaving items.

The hero does not gain levels in the traditional sense. Instead his stats are increased through acquiring stat-boosting Implants. Implants may be dropped by monsters or bought at a store. Implants increase the hero’s stats when they are held in his inventory. For instance, if the hero owns 30 Strength Implants, his strength will be 30. He could sell 5 of these and reduce his Strength to 25. In this way, the hero’s stats will be somewhat fluid.

The player may also spend money on items. Items can heal the hero, cause damage in combat, allow the hero avoid battles, or teleport the hero quickly around the dungeon.

***Character Creation:

The player can choose from 3 different character classes. The choice has an affect on the hero’s starting stats, but is primarily narrative. Certain text boxes will read differently depending on your class, especially the game’s ending. The classes are Scribe, Soldier, and Slave.

***Treasures:

For additional challenge, 50 treasures will be hidden throughout the dungeon. Collecting more of these will provide better endings when the player completes the game.

***Expectation of Graphics Artist:

The graphics artist will have a fair amount of freedom. I will provide text descriptions, reference photos, and sketches which can be interpreted how they please. The graphics artist will have to make the following:

3 sets of map tiles: Each should have lots of variations of floor, wall, and decorative tiles.

24 monsters: 18 are common monsters and 6 are bosses. Since there is only 1 enemy at a time, these will only be large-sized.

3 hero walkabouts: There is no hero battle sprite. The battles will appear to be in first person.

3 attack animations: These are for the heroes’ attack and 2 different items. The enemies will not have attack animations since there will be no hero sprite.

200+ NPC walkabouts: The various rooms in the dungeon will have many things to interact with, so there will be probably be a lot of these.

5+ full screens: These are the title screen and various story scenes.

3 battle backgrounds: 1 for each of the dungeon’s 3 areas.

Aesthetics:

The graphics can be done in a style of your choosing. There are no limitations on color palette. The theme combines ancient Egyptian and industrial motifs. Below are the 3 areas of the dungeon and what they might look like.

Area 1: The walls and floor tiles should look like and decrepit and decaying ancient pyramid but with elements of scientific laboratory. Electric generators, vats of fluids, and tubes containing scientific specimens are spread about. However, it is all in a bad state of disrepair. This area will be mostly large square rooms. The primary color of this area will be orange.

Area 2: This area is the underbelly of the dungeon. It should look like a basement mixed with a sewer. There will be narrow utilitarian halls and tunnels filled with conduits, pipes, valves, and pumps. Dirt and trash will be strewn everywhere. The Egyptian motifs will still be prevalent. This area will be narrow maze-like passages. The primary color will be green.

Area 3: This will look like a space station combined with a crystal cave. There will be metal furniture and parts of spaceships. The walls will be made of a jagged crystalline substance. Egyptian motifs will still be prevalent. This area will be organic cave-like rooms. The primary color will be purple.

Monsters will be futuristic variations on Egyptian gods and desert creatures. Examples could be a robotic Osiris or a mutant cobra-falcon crossbreed.
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by sheamkennedy »

@Willy: That sounds like something I'd consider... I'd have to know a few things:

Are you selling the game on those platforms, or just placing them there as a free download?

If you chose me would you allow me to post about it, hype it up, show my graphics on my Studio Momo blog?

Would I be able to post links on my blog to the download once it's completed?

Do you need animations? (asides from walkabout sprites, NPCs, and things that I'd expect to have animation?

Something you should consider if you choose me is that I'll be free for the next few months, be busier december, then be free again after that for quite awhile...
⊕ P E R S O N A L M U S I C: https://open.spotify.com/album/6fEo3fCm5C3XhtFRflfANr
Urkelbot666
Slime Knight

Looking for help with a first person dungeon crawler

Post by Urkelbot666 »

Over the Summer, I became interested in gaming-related creepypastas (internet scary stories for those unfamiliar), and tried my hand at writing a few.

There is one story I wrote that centers around a fictional game called "Warlocke." To go along with the story, I created a bunch of screenshot mock ups of what the game would look like. Since writing the story, I've thought it would be cool to make a short, playable version of the game as a companion to the story.

Recently, I also became aware that the OHR system was still in use ans, i fact, thriving within this community. The more I learn about the Custom Editor's capabilities, the more I think that creating a game based on my story could be feasible with it.

Though I was aware of OHRRPGCE at least ten years ago, I never succeeded in making a fully functional and complete game. I am now working on doing so, in addition to trying out things with minigames.

The point is, I'm not very experienced with the engine. I can get by making a standard RPG with a few bells and whistles, but if I wanted to go ahead and make this Warlocke game, it would require a more substantial knowledge of coding, working with slices, and mouse/keyboard input than I have.

So I was just curious if anyone would have any interest in engaging in a joint venture to help accomplish this. Though I'm not employed at the moment, I would definitely be willing to pay someone for time put into this effort, even if it was just in the form of scripts, and templates that I could use to make/finish the game on my own time.

So I figured I'd just drop a line here. I don't have any kind of timeframe for this project, and it's not something that I feel a deep need to do, just a strong desire. Anyhow thanks for your time

The story and Screen mock-ups are available here http://someordinarygamers.wikia.com/wik ... dy_Sandman
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by sheamkennedy »

@Urkel: This is a pretty interesting concept. I think a game like this would be fairly simple to make. I'm not even sure if much is needed along the lines of slices. Perhaps just a mouse cursor slice I'd assume. You can do all the animation/scenes by flipping through backdrop screens.

The toughest part (maybe not even that tough) will be to accept player inputs as text then do the corresponding action. I don't have experience with this but think that there must be a few users that can lead you in the right direction with this.

I don't even think you have to get a collaborator for this. Just break the game down in to smaller tasks, then ask how to accomplish those tasks in the forum. If you have the majority of the graphics backdrops done then it shouldn't take to long to get through it.

I even have a code somewhere on my computer for Stampo! which is a art/drawing game I made in CUSTOM awhile back. It has a mouse cursor that constantly updates it's position and when you click it draws with the shape that is selected. You could likely simplify this to just be a cursor that has the same functionality as the return key in your game. I'm sure there's even much better examples of cursors available if you just ask for it in the forum too.

I think you should really make this. It would add a whole level of depth to the story you made, making it seem more real.
Froginator
Slime Knight

Post by Froginator »

I need an Musician/ Guy who is more into music than I am for my game the Pumpkin Warriors. I need Ambient/ Enviromental Music and sounds, and maybe even battle music. I'm also available to work on graphics for other games on weekends. So if someone needs an artist for a cartoony, or a specific artstyle (I'll check if I can fit the artstyle you want and send you some examples) just write me!
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by sheamkennedy »

Froginator wrote:I need an Musician/ Guy who is more into music than I am for my game the Pumpkin Warriors. I need Ambient/ Enviromental Music and sounds, and maybe even battle music. I'm also available to work on graphics for other games on weekends. So if someone needs an artist for a cartoony, or a specific artstyle (I'll check if I can fit the artstyle you want and send you some examples) just write me!
This sounds enticing. It's something I'd normally be down for but I don't think I should because I'm pretty involved with helping Willy with Void Crypt, not to mention I've finally got a lot of inspiration to work on my own game.
retrobanana
Slime

Post by retrobanana »

Froginator wrote:I need an Musician/ Guy who is more into music than I am for my game the Pumpkin Warriors. I need Ambient/ Enviromental Music and sounds, and maybe even battle music. I'm also available to work on graphics for other games on weekends. So if someone needs an artist for a cartoony, or a specific artstyle (I'll check if I can fit the artstyle you want and send you some examples) just write me!
I would love to do the music for your game! I can give you a sample one I'm back into my studio in a few days.
Last edited by retrobanana on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Froginator
Slime Knight

Post by Froginator »

Sure thing, retrobanana!
Froginator
Slime Knight

Post by Froginator »

So. As you might have noticed, me and my buddy Enola are making a game in Unity's 2D engine. She's coding and I'm the artist, but it would be awesome if someone here had as much time as we have (which isn't that much by the way) to help us out with our game. It wouldn't be too bad if you aren't that familiar with Unity, we are just starting of too. The game is called "Heroes of Thereworld" of which I've already made a threat. It's a 2D platforming game and has a cartoon-ish style to it. Kinda like the newer Rayman games I guess. So it would be awesome if someone had interest, time and at least some programming skills to collab with us!