Work for Hire

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Urkelbot666
Slime Knight

Post by Urkelbot666 »

@SheamKennedy
Thanks, man! I haven;t been here in a while so I just saw your reply, thanks for the encouragement. I've been putting the game off for a while, but started thinking about it again and figured I'd check out the forums again :)
TabletopTimeTurner
Red Slime

Post by TabletopTimeTurner »

I'm not the best but if anyone needs help with battle sprites or portraits I'm willing to do some and here's some examples of enemy sprites and portraits i've done
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 5.20.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 5.20.18 PM.png (10.25 KiB) Viewed 13763 times
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 5.20.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 5.20.41 PM.png (9.06 KiB) Viewed 13763 times
marionline
Metal Slime

Post by marionline »

I'm looking for someone to spell & grammar check enemy descriptions I'm going to include in my game.
Please also help me to find the tone that resembles somewhat a biology book.
There are 48 descriptions and they are about 2-4 sentences long.

In return, I can offer to look at german text should you plan to include any in your game.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Sure! I'm a decent editor. Hit me up.
Holofox
Slime
Location: New Zulin* mythical place near Austraaaaaaaalia, in the land of the long white cloud

Post by Holofox »

If anyone needs help with character portraits Id be glad to help
My style is kinda like phantasy star... but I can do any theme really. Portraits are my life!
Example of my art....
Attachments
Rabbit2.png
Rabbit2.png (2.17 KiB) Viewed 11663 times
Last edited by Holofox on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

Holofox wrote:If anyone needs help with character portraits Id be glad to help
My style is kinda like phantasy star... but I can do any theme really. Portraits are my life!
Example of my art....
That looks really cool! It's very pretty...
Are you offering for free, or asking a price?
Holofox
Slime
Location: New Zulin* mythical place near Austraaaaaaaalia, in the land of the long white cloud

Post by Holofox »

Virtuous Sword wrote:
Holofox wrote:If anyone needs help with character portraits Id be glad to help
Example of my art....
That looks really cool! It's very pretty...
Are you offering for free, or asking a price?
Free, I'll just be happy to draw them.
If you want me to draw some for you, just give me the details. And personality of your person, thats always important
Last edited by Holofox on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rise of the female gamers!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Would anyone be interested in scripting some arcade game minigames to appear in my Kaiju game for some cash dollars? Looking for someone very skilled with scripting. One of the games would be a Pengo clone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hdDKxfrAbs
AnnekueSozoteki
Slime

Help Needed

Post by AnnekueSozoteki »

I am in need of someone with a decent amount of experience of designing maps. I have no clue what I'm doing.

I also need a composer that can use a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive style. However, I have recently gotten into modules (.xm, .mod, .it, etc.), so I'm open to use those as well. At different points in the game, there will be the need for a different style, such as a Commodore-64 style for one of the game's areas, and an orchestral final boss theme.

Contact me if you can help.
sheamkennedy
Liquid Metal Slime

Re: Help Needed

Post by sheamkennedy »

AnnekueSozoteki wrote:Contact me if you can help.
I may be able to, I sent you a pm.
⊕ P E R S O N A L M U S I C: https://open.spotify.com/album/6fEo3fCm5C3XhtFRflfANr
� C O L L A B M U S I C: https://dustpuppets.bandcamp.com/releases
AnnekueSozoteki
Slime

Re: Help Needed

Post by AnnekueSozoteki »

AnnekueSozoteki wrote:I am in need of someone with a decent amount of experience of designing maps. I have no clue what I'm doing.

I also need a composer that can use a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive style. However, I have recently gotten into modules (.xm, .mod, .it, etc.), so I'm open to use those as well. At different points in the game, there will be the need for a different style, such as a Commodore-64 style for one of the game's areas, and an orchestral final boss theme.

Contact me if you can help.
I have a composer, all I'm really in need of now is a map designer that can help create overworlds, dungeons, etc. Again, contact me if you can help.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Concept/Portrait Artists Wanted

Post by kylekrack »

Hey everyone! For my HotOHR entry, I'm planning on doing as little art as I can get away with myself. Partly so that I spend more time polishing the gameplay, but mostly because there are so many amazing artists here who can make a game look 100 times better than I ever could. I'm probably going to ask for specific contributions as I go, to try and allow as many artists to contribute as little or as much as they feel comfortable. However, if anyone is interested in having greater involvement in the development, I'd love to have you on board as a more official team member.

The main design document for the game is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gwK ... sp=sharing

Narrative Outline (so far) can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bZe ... sp=sharing

Character Descriptions are here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19T5 ... sp=sharing

Seeking Character Concept and Portrait Artists

Character concepts should be at least a sketch of the full body of the character + a sketch of the face. Line art is fine. If you do color, you're a god. In addition, I can provide the master palette if you would like to make a 50x50 portrait sprite for in-game and/or a 24x40 walkabout sprite. Otherwise, I or another artist will reinterpret the concept art into in-game sprites.

For specifics on who the characters are, PM me, or respond here and I'll PM you. I'll give you a rundown on who needs to be designed, what their occupation is, etc.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
Soule X
Red Slime

Post by Soule X »

Seeking two things, possibly one talented person (or two). This will be a paid job.

I am nearly finished with my project I've been working on for years, which will be a commercial game. I've been held up a long while basically because I suck at music and sound effects and now I need help. With that in mind I'd like to acquire the services of someone musically adept to work with me in creating a few different tracks, mostly short loops, as close to NES as possible (but not necessarily 100% authentic). This will include a handful of situational themes (main songs) as well as many very short character introduction themes (10 seconds or less).

For the sound effects, they will vary but will also be nes style.

Price can be negotiated and contributors will be credited in the game. I would prefer samples of work or links to other projects. I'm looking for good nes quality sound suitable for a commercial release, so I will be understandably particular. PM me if interested. Thank you for your help!
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

PM'd you Soule.
vvight.wordpress.com
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

guo, if you can make authentic chiptune sound effects, I think Soda Piggy mentioned these need to be in the Famitracker, then PM me too. I have a ton needed for Axe Cop and I need a reliable sound guy for these. There's probably 200 at this point. Can pay too.