Work for Hire

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

I have an artist friend who could use some money, I'll refer him to your note.

Anywho, I'll be updating the list after I post this. So....updated...again!

edit: he refused
oh well.

If you want enemy designs, I'll be willing to put effort into it for ya. I love enemy design.
Last edited by Meowskivich on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I'm actually not willing to pay, as your noted, I'm willing to share profits that may or may not ever happen.

Also, I wouldn't be making an RPG.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Well herp my derp, I placed your request in the wrong spot. So I moved it to the right spot, and slashed out the "pay" and replaced it with "split profits". Would that be correct?

edit: Might I had, that last I knew, it costs 300 (or 3000...or 1000, I forget, but I think 300) dollars to get a game posted on steam.
Last edited by Meowskivich on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I'm not 100% aware of the whole process of getting a game on steam. But I am aware that it will take money to produce something like this and plan to send money to do so.
dragontao
Slime

I'm looking for help

Post by dragontao »

I am working on a game with O.H.R.RPG.C.E, and I have been drawing graphics and messing with the battle system. But recently I have lost motivation to continue, as I do not know how to do any plot scripting. I would like to learn to do scripting so I can continue working on my game. I think the best way I would learn would be to watch a video tutorial of someone writing a script then showing it off in the editor.

Thank you for your assistance.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Re: I'm looking for help

Post by BMR »

dragontao wrote:I am working on a game with O.H.R.RPG.C.E, and I have been drawing graphics and messing with the battle system. But recently I have lost motivation to continue, as I do not know how to do any plot scripting. I would like to learn to do scripting so I can continue working on my game. I think the best way I would learn would be to watch a video tutorial of someone writing a script then showing it off in the editor.

That would indeed be a great video series. Don't know if I have the ability to make something like that though.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Jack
Slime Knight

Post by Jack »

dragontao wrote:I am working on a game with O.H.R.RPG.C.E, and I have been drawing graphics and messing with the battle system. But recently I have lost motivation to continue, as I do not know how to do any plot scripting. I would like to learn to do scripting so I can continue working on my game. I think the best way I would learn would be to watch a video tutorial of someone writing a script then showing it off in the editor.

What are you looking to do with plotscripting? A lot of the basic stuff, such as making a cut-scene or simply adding items, is fairly easy to learn, and is taught in the wiki plotscripting tutorial located here. A lot of what I've learned comes from that tutorial, the dictionary, pulling apart existing scripts, and just plain old asking for help on the forums.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I disagree, I don't see why seeing each code written one at a time would be much different from just seeing the end result.

I think you should just start with some easy example scripts and you'll eventually start to understand it.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Spoonweaver wrote:

I disagree, I don't see why seeing each code written one at a time would be much different from just seeing the end result.

I think you should just start with some easy example scripts and you'll eventually start to understand it.
That's true. I still think that a video tutorial series covering making a basic game including scripting would be interesting, but Spoon is right that studying the code might be the best way to learn. Watching a video would show you how one person does it, but it's still a pretty good idea to figure out how you would do it. That's pretty much how I taught myself to code back when I was still mucking about with stuff in DOS.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
dragontao
Slime

Post by dragontao »

Thanks for the help Jack. I'll be back when I've got something to show.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Well, I will be making/releasing "OHRRPGCE Basics" videos for beginners as soon as Beelzebuffo is released, and the only thing plotscripting I really plan on showing is a game-over script, as that's the only thing one really needs to plotscript into their games, else the screen just goes red and goes to the title screen awkwardly.

I may be doing ...uh, something, I've forgotten. If I remember, I'll edit this post. But yeah, I'll try to cover each bit in small videos.

And not really to shamelessly promote my youtube, but rather to say "hey, subscribe so you'll be the first to see!", here is my youtube page so you can subscribe so that you'll be able to view the tutorial videos as soon as they're uploaded: http://www.youtube.com/user/Meowskivich
Last edited by Meowskivich on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shakeyair
Slime Knight

Post by shakeyair »

Spoonweaver wrote:Whelp , I need an artist. I plan to try my best to get an OHR game on Steam, and I'm fully aware that my greatest hurdle is my low level of artistic ability. If you're talented and willing, I'm offering to share any profits that might come from such a game (up to and including 50% depending on your level of involvement), but do keep in mind that any payment you might receive would be completely up to how well the game does and I in no way promise you anything.
I have several ideas for games, but I might even be willing to even work on your game if you have the same goal and need a scripter or something.
Just go ahead and PM me on here with any interest you might have in regards to this.
Which project? PM me if necessary. I am interested.
retrobanana
Slime

Post by retrobanana »

I will provide music for your games. I do house, electro, funk (and derivatives thereof the three) and classical. You pay whatever you think the music is worth.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Is that an open offer, or is it for Spoonweaver?
If you want to aim your concerns to Spoon, I'd advise PMing him (that goes for you too shakeyair), else just let me know if you want to be put on the "looking for work" list.

edit: On april first I'll remove Gagekilmer's request, so if you want to check it out,do it now; and if you want it to remain, gagekilmer, then let me know before then.
Last edited by Meowskivich on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Well, I'm pregnant.

April Fools!

Eh... that wasn't very good. However, what IS good is that the list hath been updatetheded.

gagekilmer's request hath been removed, as I stated it would be, and a new looking for work request has been added.