Review: Ruin - 25% Demo

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Review: Ruin - 25% Demo

Post by Spoonweaver »

This is without a doubt a good game, so I'm not really sure what to say other than good things really. It guess there are a few things I could nitpick over, but mostly things are good.
I like the production quality this game has. Little things like a fancy title screen and small overworld characters go a long way in my book. The Intro was pretty long but it was pretty good. The fact that this is only 25% done actually entices me even more to play this. I also like how this is part of an on going series, and look forward to seeing more.
If there were anything I was going to nitpick, it would be the graphics and the balancing. The graphics aren't bad, in fact I'd say they were good. But for the sake of criticizing, I'd say they was a bit too much dithering. I feel like the pixels are too visible in this game and it's a bit distracting at times. As for the balancing, I only really mean at first, because I was able to gain my bearing later on in my game. But, what was my 5th battle in my first play through was a bear that hit me for half my hitpoints in poison count (basically half killing me every poison count). I couldn't figure out what I had done to run into such a harsh monster expect maybe going where it had been. I suggest avoiding those bears near the starting point. They'll get ya.
Overall this game is great. Those things I mentioned are the only really things I could think of to criticize. Even with all that said though, I don't know, I just don't find myself drawn to this game. It just doesn't grab me like some other games do.

I would recommend this game.

Score: 4/5
Attachments
ruin.PNG
ruin.PNG (30.27 KiB) Viewed 1779 times
ruin2.PNG
ruin2.PNG (45.86 KiB) Viewed 1779 times