Liquid Metal King Slime
Review: Forsaken 
 PostWed Mar 14, 2012 3:46 am
Send private message Reply with quote
forsaken.PNG
forsake.PNG
This is a review of Forsaken.

I had actually held back reviewing this game till after my colab with Master K was over. You see, I wasn't a big fan of this game and I thought posting a review saying as much might effect the teamwork we had going.

This game suffers from the same sort of things Master K's other ventures seem to. The biggest of these is the large amount of empty space. This is the biggest problem I have with this game. It's just that with so much nothing, the game seems empty itself. It might be better to simply increase the encounter rate and decrease the walking distance. Or maybe just decrease the walking distance but also decrease the speed. What ever the case, there needs to be changes here.

The other major flaw with this game is much easier to forgive. This would be how massively under developed it is. The game says it's in it's demo phase, but I'd call it pre-alpha phase instead. There's a lot of things that don't seem to do anything yet and the game doesn't even seem to have a clear place the game ends for now.

The graphics were pretty good however. They weren't amazing or anything, but they were functional and even interesting at times. I also liked the game's overall presentation. The opening scene and the cutscenes were really well done. The sound effects and music were also acceptable.

I wouldn't recommend this game just yet. Maybe it'll get better later.

Score: 2/5