Liquid Metal King Slime
Review: Castle on the Night Land 
 PostSun Feb 26, 2012 8:46 pm
Send private message Reply with quote
castle0000.PNG
This is a review of Castle on the Night Land.

So this game is black and white, but the graphical style it has is actually pretty good. However, it's not as functional as it could be. Part of the challenge of this game is simply trying to figure out which white squiggle is the white squiggle you have to go and interact with. Some reds or blues would really help this game in my opinion.

The actually gameplay is pretty neat. It's kind of like if shadowgate and zelda had an under developed child. Everything in this game seems to kill you. You have to make your way through room after room to find the correct items required to move forward, which is a really neat concept. However, using NPC touch commands for the monsters is just plain wrong in a lot of the cases here. You basically can't let monsters any where near you. Activating on a tile over or on a diagonal from you isn't uncommon.

I had a lot of fun trying to figure out what to do next in this game. This is one of those games where you feel as sense of accomplishment when you make it a little bit further in the game. It's also one of those games that frustrates you to no end when you can't figure out what to do.

I'd recommend this game to anyone out that that liked shadowgate, and zelda.

Score: 3/5