Review: Bufanda: A Tale of Three Ghosts

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Review: Bufanda: A Tale of Three Ghosts

Post by Spoonweaver »

So, this is Surlaw's Amish game. I believe it won the contest it was entered into, so I go in expecting big things. The title screen looks pretty cool, I'm super hyped by the time I actually start playing this thing.

What follows is a black screen with plain white text. I was a bit let down. I had imagined pictures to go along with the words. I try not to judge the game too harshly based on the lack of graphics that the title screen seemed to hint at. The story of the game and the choices that must be made all seem very solid. I don't know if I'd say this was a terribly great story, but it was entertaining enough. I mean, choose your own adventure stories all tend to be lacking a bit when compared to a normal story. As far as choose your own stories goes though, this thing is pretty good.

So after a few run-throughs I kind of assumed I'd seen all the endings and was basically done. As far as games go, this thing doesn't have much gameplay value. It's almost unfair to really compare this to a game. It's great for what it was trying to be, but terrible if compared to a video game of almost any type. All in all though I had fun "playing" this.

I'd recommend this to anyone who'd like to read a story.

SCORE: 2/5
Attachments
Bufanda0000.PNG
Bufanda0000.PNG (2.85 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.