2011 In Review 23: Deforestation 3

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

2011 In Review 23: Deforestation 3

Post by Gizmog »

I know I ended my last two "Deforestation" reviews by saying there wasn't any reason to download them. If you really want to enjoy "Deforestation 3" forget I said that. Expectations play a big part in the "Deforestation" series, and whereas the first one built up expectations with an advertising blitz and the second one built up expectations with a nice intro, "Deforestation 3" wants you to draw expectations from the first two games.

For the first time, Spoonweaver doesn't rehash an old joke. For the first time, the trademark "twist ending" is nowhere to be found. Instead we get an original story in which our old pal Chris the lumberjack has taken up an interesting new hobby. Why? Who knows! You can't ask questions like that of a slasher movie. (Spoilers: This is a slasher movie!) A lot more effort went into "Deforestation 3" than did the previous two, and it shows. There's numerous characters, some great animation and the blood soaked opening credits are fantastic. Far and away, this is the best looking "Deforestation".

The audio side of "Deforestation 3" is the ugly side. Spoonweaver's microphone is more noticeable than ever and his voices seem a little bored given the exciting events. Apparently his "Technoship Funkotron" fans complained that nobody got sodomized to death in this series, so someone gets sodomized to death. Ironically, that someone is Mr. Triangle. It's short, it's weird, it's gory, it's the closest to a slasher movie the OHR will ever see. If you watched "Triangle" and thought to yourself "Gee, I wish I could've seen the dead bodies and buttsex" Deforestation 3 is right up your alley. I would've preferred either a little more story or a return to the running gag ending of the first two, but it is somewhat of an improvement.

Score: 4/10
2011 Score (Per May 27th): 69/100

Part of Gomey's 2011 Year In Review
Previous Next
Attachments
Deforestation 30003.png
Deforestation 30003.png (4.66 KiB) Viewed 2061 times
Last edited by Gizmog on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.