2011 In Review 21: Deforestation 2

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

2011 In Review 21: Deforestation 2

Post by Gizmog »

Unable to repeat the forum based lead-up that preceeded the original "Deforestation", Spoonweaver decides to put that buildup into the movie this time around. In a nicely animated intro, the lumberjack flies through space, perhaps continuing from where the first game left off. He stumbles across a little blue marble; the planet Uranus of "Technoship Funkotron" fame.

The Happy Spacemen invite him to stay, on the condition that he drinks an entire bottle of Spaceman Ale, punches a hideous beast in the nose, and worst of all by Happy Spaceman standards, spend the night with a girl. You might notice that's the set up to an old joke and if you're a fan of the joke you won't be disappointed in the outcome.

I don't think I'd recommend "Deforestation 2" any more than I recommended the first one. The action is better conveyed and the story a bit longer, but there's not much going on. The Funkotron guys are a mere cameo and do none of their famous dancing. It is better than the original, but there's still nothing here to hang your hat on.

Score: 3/10
2011 Score (Per May 26?): 63/100

Part of Gomey's 2011 Year In Review
Previous Next
Attachments
Deforestation 20006.png
Deforestation 20006.png (15.54 KiB) Viewed 2262 times
Last edited by Gizmog on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.