Monster Out of Six

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Monster Out of Six

Post by JSH357 »

The concept of Monster Out of Six is really quite groovy. It's sort of Battle Royale meets Clue; you're supposed to walk around, figure out which inmate in the prison is guilty and free all the rest. Everyone remaining dies. This makes for a great set-up, but with this demo we only get to see an inkling of what it could be.

The demo was clearly rushed out the door for a contest (I forget which one) and doesn't function as intended. That said, we can at least analyze the idea and ponder on whether or not it could work. Personally, I think the overhead view might not be the best interface for such a game. I'm also not sure if a randomly generated innocent is the way to go.

Rather, if I were making this game, I would have gone for the visual novel/adventure game approach of having a story based around such a game. 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors accomplished this well, and I could see a great story being built off of Pepsi Ranger's game. As a virtual version of clue, though... it kind of falls flat. I'm not saying it couldn't work, but I'd much rather play this sort of thing with friends than as a solo experience.

Rating: 2 Revolvers in the Observatory out of 10
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com