Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by JSH357 »

Since I made this game, I suppose I'll elaborate some on what the heck I was thinking with this series. I'll try and split it in to three parts since there are three games. The first one, I chose to name it Philosopher's Stone over Sorcerer's Stone even though the latter is more familiar to Americans simply because I'm a purist and the Sorcerer's Stone is not a legit magical object like the Philosopher's Stone is.

I chose to make the characters Duck and MJ ones because they're probably the most memorable of the characters in my games not counting Motrya. This is partially due to the cartoony, simple nature of the graphics. I'll get more in to why I didn't draw actual Harry Potter characters next time, as it's a pretty funny story.

The voice acting was accomplished with a text to voice service Spoonweaver linked me to. I would have it speak the line, then I'd slow it down in Audacity to get the weird intonation you hear in the actual game. Originally I had planned to make a game out of all seven books, each one with increasingly ridiculous accents. The last one would be entirely in Hindi. Sadly, this did not come to fruition because I was visiting home when the contest was running and couldn't be arsed to make more OHR games that I knew wouldn't win the contest.

Rating: 2 Strands of Hagrid's Beard out of 10
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com