Enter the Labyrinth

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Skullduggery Studios
Metal Slime

Post by Skullduggery Studios »

Oh, well this is TOO easy! I press the button.
Jack
Slime Knight

Post by Jack »

Examine the items in my inventory.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

I am unhappy my attempt didn't work to impress the troll, so I think...I then take out my No Tea, and I attempt to distract the troll with the wonder of No Tea so I might be able to make a beeline for the east entrance.
ncw64
Slime Knight

Post by ncw64 »

I take 5 keys and head north into the control room. I then press the red button before pulling the red lever, then the blue button, then finally the blue lever.
You can't fix stupidity.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I lie on the ice for a while, hoping the cold will sooth my shattered arm. After a while I notice that the magic keys kinda resemble the fish frozen under the ice. I attempt to UNLOCK the ICE using one of the MAGIC FISH KEYS
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I sniff the flower

I then start following the labyrinth walls, keeping my right hand by the wall at all times.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Shizuma
magic key: Taken.

You enter the labyrinth and head east, arriving in the...
Troll Room
This is a rather plain room if you are able to ignore the presence of a massive troll blocking the east exit. Fortunately, he doesn't seem to care about you. Other exits lead west and south.

You are carrying:
a magic key
a can of silly string
a credit card
a ticket

marionline
magic keys: Taken.

You leave through the north exit, arriving in the...
Control Room
Look at all of these buttons! The large panel has a keyboard and a microphone, while the pedestal houses what looks very much like a Simon game. There's also a lever on the west and east walls. For such an important-looking room, it sure wasn't very secure.

Exits lead west and south.

J_Taylor
The device detonates, leaving only a fine mist where you once stood. Luckily, the Labyrinth Magical Non-Interference Field prevents harm to anything in your vicinity.

Does no one read the instructions anymore?

Jack
You carefully examine the party blowout.
Party blowout wrote:Image
You blow into it experimentally. It unfurls and emits a pleasing "FWEEEET."

You carefully examine the safety pin.
Safety pin wrote:Image
It's currently closed for your safety.

You carefully examine the ticket.
Ticket wrote:Image
Tickets of this kind are traditionally red, but this one is purple.

ncw64
magic keys: Taken.

You head north into the control room. Pushing the red button on the pedestal starts the device to life -- it apparently IS a Simon game.

You pull the red lever. Nothing happens in your immediate vicinity.

You push the blue button. Unfortunately, that was the wrong button; the game ends and the device deactivates after informing you that you scored zero points.

You pull the blue lever. The panel on the north wall slides open, revealing a black monitor.

James Paige
The purple gate to the east slides open.

The cold does not so much soothe as numb your arm. This is cold comfort (ha ha!) as you are quickly freezing to death.

You hit the key ineffectually against the ice.

Finally, your vision goes black. The cold's just too much - you've become a human popsicle.
Is there a breeze in here or is it just me? Well, you can't say I didn't warn you!

Nathan Karr
Your distinguishing nose recognizes the flower as hensbane. If you come across any hens, you have a surefire way of dispatching them, assuming you can get them to eat it.

You start running your hand along the walls but then remember that you didn't actually specify a direction to go. It also occurs to you that this method of traversing a maze only works if all of its passages are available from the start.

Image Two deaths in one round! Are we having fun yet?
ncw64
Slime Knight

Post by ncw64 »

I carefully examine the moniter, and I try pressing various keys on the keyboard. I go to the SIMON game and try the order: Red, Yellow, Green, Blue.
You can't fix stupidity.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

ncw64
The monitor is black. You press a key on the keyboard and the monitor springs to life with the following words:
Monitor wrote:Security mode enabled
Input dance to continue
There's no prompt. Typing further on the keyboard produces no results. You even try typing "dance," thinking you're SO clever, but nothing happens. The keyboard seems to be connected to the monitor, but it looks like you'll need to disable "security mode" to use it.

You try out the Simon game again. Pushing various buttons only causes you to lose the game. For kicks, you try playing it for real and get as high as round 10 before losing - not too shabby.
Shizuma
Slime Knight

Post by Shizuma »

I ignore the troll and go west.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

...you ignored my post about the No Tea and me trying to distract the troll with it in order to sneak past to the east door.
marionline
Metal Slime

Post by marionline »

I take a look curious at the monitor and the keybord. Then I press the blue button before I pull the blue lever.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Shizuma
Heading west, you return to the Labyrinth Entrance.

Master K
You show no tea to the troll. The troll shows no interest.

marionline
You examine the monitor, but don't notice anything special about it.

You examine the keyboard. It's a Dvorak. What kind of nerd put this thing together, anyway?

Pushing the blue button starts the Simon game again. You pull the blue lever and the panel slides back up, covering the monitor.
marionline
Metal Slime

Post by marionline »

While I examine the keyboard I ask myselft what 'Dvorak' means. than I decide it could mean complicated and that it's better not to tuch the keyboard.

I'm not sad to see the monitor is now hidden behind the panel, because there is nothing special about a boring monitor, but I wounder why someone would cover it like that.

I walk near the place where the panel was and look what's there now.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

marionline
You scratch your head and take another look at the keyboard. Oh, right -- Dvorak keyboards are a lot like QWERTY keyboards, but they have all the keys in different places. You're relegated to the old hunt'n'peck on this baby, but it is in all other respects a keyboard like any other.

The panel is a gray sheet that covers the monitor, perhaps to keep it from collecting dust. There's nothing special about it.