HamsterSpeak 54 Online

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

HamsterSpeak 54 Online

Post by The Wobbler »

http://superwalrusland.com/ohr/issue54/cover.html

Lots of reviews, the return of Zoned In, some creepy fan art, and The Nathan Karr cover. Can you name all of the OHR heroes featured on this months cover? First person to do it gets something super stupid next month. Sorry Mr. Karr, since you drew it you're ineligible.

Big props go to Jack for helping us pay the bills this month. I haven't forgotten you bro, you're still going to get your own super stupid prize soon.

Also please check out the official Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/HamsterSpeak
Last edited by The Wobbler on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Nice issue and I actually really liked the cover.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

I honestly think it's one of the best covers in a while.
Shizuma
Slime Knight

Post by Shizuma »

Great issue. Lots of delicious reviews and such!
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I really enjoyed the Long Necks article. It was quite a read.

And it kinda saddens me that Weegee was found so unenjoyable, since the battles were what I put the most work into.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Since this is getting a fresh look maybe it's time it gets a new chapter! I'd like a new chapter please.
Haha. I was actually thinking about it this week, since I'm replaying FE:SS. I'm considering trimming even more of the game's intended fat and eliminating the world map. Who needs a world map?

And... wow, two years already, huh?
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

The cover:

Loserman, Housemaster, Dogero, Kirby, Fat Frog, Darwin, Salom, Drew Carey III, Yo Ghost, thing from Arcadia Incident, Boulderbeast, Toomin? from Dawn, Sheep from Sheep Rancher, Argh.. no idea on this one maybe a guy from a Barnabas game, James Paige, Ken, Gargan or Troy?, I want to say the last one is from Surlaw Armageddon
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Nathan: it's obvious some people enjoyed the game, but I guess it just wasn't for me.

I think the main thing I didn't like was the accuracy. I just thought it seemed too low. Nothing like getting 3 or 4 whiffs in a row. Luckily it seemed like the jump ability hit 90% of the time, but you can't always use that since it is mp limited and fails against some enemies.
Last edited by Meatballsub on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spazman
Slime Knight

Post by Spazman »

Also, Meatball buddy, you made a slight error in the monster type in the article. That monster was a "Greater Imp", not a "Cyberdemon Lord".

Heh, if you want to see one of those guys, you'll have to look in Episode II: Through Hell and Back.
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

Wow, that's a lot of obscure characters on the cover. I recognize most of them but there's one that I can't think of the name of and two or three that are completely unfamiliar.

The others:
Loser Man, Linkwolf (from the Dexmaster games), Salom Lancoven, Nummer, Herman (aka Fat Frog), floating head of Darwin, a Yo Ghost, the Boulderbeast, TOBMAC (from Nathan Karr's own game Maces Wild), Olmin, a sheep, Drew Carey (I think? he doesn't seem to have his fridge-pack), James Paige, and Ken (also from Maces Wild.)

I'm really not sure about the blocky guy in a t-shirt and jeans, the trident-looking guy with stink lines, the big green guy with the club, or the bunny with the hat.
[/spoiler]
Last edited by FnrrfYgmSchnish on Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
FYS:AHS -- Working on Yagziknian NPC walkabout sprites
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

thespazztikone wrote:Also, Meatball buddy, you made a slight error in the monster type in the article. That monster was a "Greater Imp", not a "Cyberdemon Lord".

Heh, if you want to see one of those guys, you'll have to look in Episode II: Through Hell and Back.
Oh my bad. Could've sworn that's what it was before!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Reminder: If you want to make a second guess in issue 54's "Who are all the guys on this cover?" contest please post a new message with your complete set of guesses rather than edit an existing post.

There are 18 jerks on the cover. Currently, JSH has 11 correct (and one almost correct, I'll count it if it comes down to the wire) and Fnrrf has 14.

The answer key will be posted in issue 55, unless someone names them all correctly.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Forsaken was reviewed, yay! It might inspire me to work on the game again, and finish off Aykana Village, which is centered around a Romeo/Juliet homage.
Several houses are completely abandoned as well (which is pretty weird for a town that's supposed to be housing refugees).
Aykana is the town thats holding the refugees, just to let ya know.

Also, I wanted to submit art by SWL forums. Would I just provide image tags in a PM to Surlaw?
Last edited by Master K on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Master K wrote:Also, I wanted to submit art by SWL forums. Would I just provide image tags in a PM to Surlaw?
That works, yeah.
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

The cover:

loserman, dan / dande, linkwolf
nummer, yo ghost, herman / fat frog, darwin's head, salom, Drew Carey III
TOBMAC, Boulderbeast, olmin, sheep
stinkmace, james, ken, gargan, troy

Wild, wild guess on one of them based on Nathan's modus operandi.