The Slime Salad Statesman, 14 Oct 2008

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

The Slime Salad Statesman, 14 Oct 2008

Post by Mogri »

Today's my brother's birthday! Happy birthday!

Um. More to the point, as you may have noticed, the battle system is 100% ready to go. Functionally, anyway. Content-wise, it's got a bit to go: there are only three attacks, only one of which you don't start with. I really like all the attack ideas I've gotten so far and I have a few in mind, too, so it won't be too long before we're good to go. In other words, I could launch it today and let you guys go crazy with it, but it's not so interesting yet. Meanwhile, the request for attack ideas is an ongoing one, even after the arena launches.

I'll put up a preemptory mini-FAQ tomorrow, but feel free to throw out any questions you have until then. The player limit in a battle is eight; this is not a technical limitation so much as a logistical one, as juggling eight players in a battle will make it drag. You can divide it into teams however you want: eight on one, free for all, two versus two versus two, whatever. This will all be easy to figure out and arrange when you see the interface.

Attacks with side effects are going to take a little longer. For the launch, Recharge will probably be the only attack with a non-damage effect. (Check your arena profile page for more info.) Rest assured that effect attacks are coming, and I hope to create an interesting metagame with them.

Further down the road is equipment, which will allow you to shape your battle strategy before the battle starts. You can't change equipment mid-battle, and you only have two equipment slots, so you'll want to pick carefully.

Also on the horizon are different battle formats, like Limited battles where you'll only be able to bring in a certain number of attacks. Team Limited battles are something I'm really excited for: you can plan out your roles with your teammates to make the most of the limited environment.

All this and more, coming soon on Slime Salad!
Twinconclusive
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Twinconclusive »

I'll let out a 'Yipee!:D ' when you finally release this thing.
But here's a 'Hooray! :o ' to your brother.
♪♪♪ Du du duuuu ♪♪♪
Uncommon
Metal Slime

Post by Uncommon »

Your little brother's birthday too?
Well, that's a thing.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Older brother, in fact.

Okay, guys, I lied: I cannot stop myself. Effect attacks will be included in the launch. It might take awhile to get a full complement of attacks that will use them, though. If you have at least 40 Int (that's two reviews), you might want to check the Ability Shop for a very nice attack, featured in Battle #6. (Don't ask about the numbering.)

There are other attacks for the rest of you, of course, including some higher-end attacks for anyone with enough Str or Agi. Int-based attacks will mostly be effect attacks, so they are limited in number currently.

There's a link to the arena in the description of the Fight Logs forum now. That will save you an extra click!

Launching soon -- tomorrow, maybe!