Stuck in SPELLSHARD? READ THIS!

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I beat the summoner on my third try. The first time, I used basically no strategy and made it to his final form; the second time, I used the strategy poster by others, but was unlucky enough to have him cast Evil Sword almost every turn and died anyway. The third time, he only killed half of my party.

Slaarg didn't give me even a tiny bit of trouble. I was half-expecting him to challenge me on my way out of the sewers for a rematch, actually. The giant piranha, on the other hand...
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

I bet Slaarg, who decided to be easy.
I made it through the annoyingly annoying pyramid.

I found a room that gave me 3,000,0000 Gold...but locked me in, forcing me to reset and lose it.
DAMN YOU SHIZUMA!

I beat the Stripperific Lord of Decay, Enchantress (Buh-buh-buh-bikini!), and finally obtained my class change.

Now im stuck at the ice cave. How do I advance...?
KF Harlock
Slime Knight

Post by KF Harlock »

Hey hey, Masta K --

Glad you enjoyed my nefarious million-gold trap-room!

Here's how you advance in the ice cave:

The random enemy "Tommyknocker" drops an icepick item (should be 100% of the time). You may be able to steal one from them as well (honestly can't recall). This item can smash the blocks of ice obstructing the way.

By the by, did you find the SECRET BOSS in the Orc Cavern? He's guarding something good!
SPELLSHARD: THE BLACK CROWN OF HORGOTH now COMPLETE! <a href="http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgam ... 4363">Grab it today!</a>
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Glad you enjoyed my nefarious million-gold trap-room!
That was yours!?
Then I rephrase.
DAMN YOU HARLOCK!
He's guarding something good!

I'll have to go search the cavern once more. And the good thing better not be another one of your nefarious jokes.
Last edited by Master K on Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shizuma
Slime Knight

Post by Shizuma »

Spellshard isn't joking around guys.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

The million gold trap room is exactly the sort of thing I'd expect an old PC D&D licence or actual tabletop GM to pull. I'm impressed that you went through with it.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

It's not the first OHR game to pull that trick. "Cave of Immense Riches," anyone?
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Mogri wrote:It's not the first OHR game to pull that trick. "Cave of Immense Riches," anyone?
What a timely moment to mention this game. It will be reviewed in the upcoming Hamsterspeak. Due out...TODAY!
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

I...HATE...VAMPIRES!

I discovered the secret Orc Cave boss, and lost to him 8 times in a row...

I can't pass the Steel Golem, nor can I beat the Lich.
KF Harlock
Slime Knight

Post by KF Harlock »

SECRET BOSS STRATEGIES -- GOOOOOoooooooooooooo~~

Vampire:
No real tricks or tactics here, but he is weak to holy and is undead. Abilities like Smite, Disrupt Undead, or a holy weapon would suffice.

Steel Golem:
Whenever you hit Steel Golem with fire, it increases his attack but lowers his defense considerably. Likewise, when you hit him with ice, it lowers his attack, but increases his defense. You can use this to adjust the flavor of the battle to your liking, really.

Lich:
This once used to have a SUPER-GNARLY strategy that made it 10,000x harder than it presently is, but it was dropped before release. As it stands, there's no trick to him, really - just take advantage of fire and holy weakness.
SPELLSHARD: THE BLACK CROWN OF HORGOTH now COMPLETE! <a href="http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgam ... 4363">Grab it today!</a>
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Harlock, you forgot:

Hitting the golem with an energy attack such a Lightning Blade resets the golem.

EDIT: STUNNIN' SALTS FTW!
Last edited by Master K on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Harlock, Shiz, what in the name of god were you smoking to create The Void...?! It looks like something out of a stoners mind!

Strange music, inverted landscape, talking cacti, frozen hot spring swimmers, clocks and whistles, Buddha head's, mouths sucking in tiles, actual fish made from actual stars, and an invisible maze that looks like it belongs with Nyan Cat...
Shizuma
Slime Knight

Post by Shizuma »

Obviously you'd never been to the void or you'd respect the realism that went in to the area.
Last edited by Shizuma on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Oh, I get it.

It's so real that it seems fake.

BUDDHA LAZOR! BLARGH!
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Great game! I'm in the sewers at Midh. My party is Ranger, Bard, Cleric, Wizard. So far the challenge has been just right. I have had to replay some bosses a couple of times, but never more than that. I've done a little grinding, but not much.

I dig the Final Fantasy 1 allusions too: The giant who eats precious stones. The pirates who are best beaten with Sleep.

Here's my question: Which buffs and debuffs stack and which don't? Jerky, Mint, and the like stack. It seems like Bard powers might stack. What about the Wizard's enchantments like Armor and Temper? What about Cleric buffs like Mist and Might? What about Wizard debuffs like Fog and Flash?